Help: .ts file converted to .mp4 is too big

Started by 191209, December 09, 2019, 09:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I use Avidemux to convert .ts files to .mp4.

The .ts file I converted is around 350 MB. When it was done being converted to .mp4, it ended up being over 2 GB. How can I adjust or edit the settings so the converted video won't be so large? I was wondering why it took such a long time to convert the .ts file. Based on the size of the original file, the .mp4 version should at least be lower than 1 GB or at least around 200 MB - 400 MB.

Here is a screenshot of the options I chose:

Thank you.

eumagga0x2a

What codec was used for video in the source MPEG Transport Stream (.ts) file? Why did you choose to re-encode using an obsolete xvid codec?

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on December 09, 2019, 10:48:17 AM
What codec was used for video in the source MPEG Transport Stream (.ts) file? Why did you choose to re-encode using an obsolete xvid codec?
Sorry but I'm unfortunately not familiar with any of those  terms. I only downloaded avidemux because there was no .mp4 version of the file I wanted to download and it was the only free program that worked for me. How do I figure out the specifications that you want to know? I just want the converted file to be less large.

eumagga0x2a

For starters, please load the source .ts file into Avidemux, hit Alt+Enter --> press the "copy to clipboard" button and paste the info into your reply.