News:

--

Main Menu

Win64 Installer error

Started by VictorVG, September 24, 2023, 01:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VictorVG

Win7 SP1, domain admin. An unexpected message of the installer Avidemux 230924 Win64 - Unable to Elevate Error on Win7 SP1 with full administrative rights. About the requirement of dependencies in the form of icudt66.dll, icuin66.dll, icuuc66.dll v66.1.0 at this moment. On this message, everything stops, the dependences come out when the unpacked installer or archive is launched. :o

eumagga0x2a

All Windows-related build environments are being updated, please ignore uploaded builds until further notice.

VictorVG

pulsarstar

I am glad I read your posts eumagga0x2a , VictorVG
B4 I posted.
For the benefit of those reading
this thread my error message is
while trying to install
avidemux_2.8.2 r230924_win64.exe
is:
unable to elervate,error
o:\user\username\AppData\Local\Temp\nshD941.tmp

I use Windows 11 user.

Strunz

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on September 24, 2023, 02:18:34 PMAll Windows-related build environments are being updated, please ignore uploaded builds until further notice.
Where will we get the notice?  ;)

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: Strunz on September 26, 2023, 12:58:12 PM
Quote from: eumagga0x2a on September 24, 2023, 02:18:34 PMAll Windows-related build environments are being updated, please ignore uploaded builds until further notice.
Where will we get the notice?  ;)

Whoever needs Avidemux for Windows off the current git master right now, is being encouraged to build herself. All is needed is a Linux system (a VM is fine) with a lot of memory (8 GiB or more) and storage space on a fast PC.

tomk

with avidemux_2.8.2 r230930 still the same Win64 installer error...

Appearently this was an uploaded build to ignore.

eumagga0x2a

Whoever needs just a functioning application for Windows, but cannot or doesn't want to build herself, please use the latest VC++ build.

I was finally able to test it and it is basically fine, including the new libaom AV1 encoder and the new NVDEC hw accelerated decoder, that allows decoding of AV1 in hardware with recent NVIDIA graphics cards. NVENC works as well.

Official packaging scripts for cross-builds will be updated to the new MXE realities and new features in Avidemux when the maintainer finds time to do so, I'll keep you posted.

eumagga0x2a

The ZIP-packaged cross-compiled 64-bit Windows nightly from 2023-11-02 should be fine, UAC in the NSIS installer is still broken.

Fergar

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on November 02, 2023, 10:24:43 PMThe ZIP-packaged cross-compiled 64-bit Windows nightly from 2023-11-02 should be fine
Now it's going well, good job ;)

eumagga0x2a

The latest (r231210) NSIS-packaged build should be fine again. Contrary to previous builds, the installer requests elevated permissions upfront, which allows it to do without the broken UAC plugin. When using the default option to launch the application from the installer, it is launched in normal user context then.

VictorVG

Yes confirm. The error is eliminated, at least when starting from the admin with the UAC on Win7 SP1 X64, the installation is performed correctly. I updated ADM not a stand and a number of cars in the LAN - the error is not played, if there are no comments from users, then I think that the issues can mark as solved.