Inactive control for "video usability information" in x264/x265 codecs

Started by scorpio, December 14, 2019, 04:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scorpio

All cells on "Output 2" page are grey and cannot be changed for x264 and x265 codecs.

I have files with BT.601 NTSC colours and full colour range.
After conversion in avidemux using x264/x265 codecs, colours looks different. It is because players use BT.709 and [16-235] colour range by default.
I need to provide right colour parameters to output file to correct that problem.

Any idea why this parameters blocked in avidemux codecs?
Is there any solution for it without using alternative programs?

eumagga0x2a

These parameters are not "blocked" in Avidemux, they are simply not implemented in the backend and disabled in the frontend likely for this reason.

QuoteIs there any solution for it without using alternative programs?

Submit a patch implementing these features or wait for someone doing it for you.

scorpio

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on December 14, 2019, 10:48:08 PM
Submit a patch implementing these features or wait for someone doing it for you.
Where in avidemux should I do this? Can't see any place for it in x264/x265 configure.

eumagga0x2a

You would need to extend the vui struct within the x264_encoder struct in avidemux_plugins/ADM_videoEncoder/x264/x264_encoder.conf and regenerate x264_encoder.h, *_desc.cpp and *_json.cpp files by executing

../../../cmake/admSerialization.py x264_encoder.conf

from within the avidemux_plugins/ADM_videoEncoder/x264 directory first. Next steps would include adding code to ADM_x264Setup.cpp (see the lines 107-115) and implementing the Qt part in avidemux_plugins/ADM_videoEncoder/x264/qt4/Q_x264.cpp so that you would be able to remove DISABLE(tabOutput2); statement, currently at the line 462.

scorpio

Well... I, may be, could do this. But what about other users? They all should correct this problem themselves? Hopefully, they have only Limited BT.709 files but nowadays Full range become more and more popular.

PS. Just copy such parameters from original file could solve this problem. But this program just ignore it.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: scorpio on December 19, 2019, 07:20:04 AM
Well... I, may be, could do this. But what about other users? They all should correct this problem themselves?

If you implement this for yourself, why not submitting the patch for inclusion in Avidemux? The best way is to open a pull request on GitHub. This way all users of Avidemux would profit from your work.

QuotePS. Just copy such parameters from original file could solve this problem. But this program just ignore it.

Implementing this would be an order of magnitude more complex task.

xyz962

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on December 15, 2019, 01:37:45 PM
You would need to extend the vui struct within the x264_encoder struct in avidemux_plugins/ADM_videoEncoder/x264/x264_encoder.conf and regenerate x264_encoder.h, *_desc.cpp and *_json.cpp files by executing

../../../cmake/admSerialization.py x264_encoder.conf

from within the avidemux_plugins/ADM_videoEncoder/x264 directory first. Next steps would include adding code to ADM_x264Setup.cpp (see the lines 107-115) and implementing the Qt part in avidemux_plugins/ADM_videoEncoder/x264/qt4/Q_x264.cpp so that you would be able to remove DISABLE(tabOutput2); statement, currently at the line 462.
Hi!

Unfortunately, I am not able to find mentioned *.cpp files (I am using the Windows version of Avidemux) and there is no x264_encoder.conf file within the portable version folders?

Is there any patch, update or easier way which could help?

Best regards,
xyz962