Author Topic: no audio on some TS files when using Avidemux  (Read 414 times)

tbob86

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
no audio on some TS files when using Avidemux
« on: December 20, 2019, 02:30:08 AM »
Hi
I just started using Avidemux a week ago (the latest version). For many years I was recording AFL games involving the club I have supported since 1966 using a Toshiba RD-XS44 HDD and DVD video recorder. This is an old analog machine and with it I was able to edit files and burn them to DVD. A few years back the Australian authorities switched the TV signal from analog to digital and I had to buy an LG HDD DVD recorder (it does not edit or burn to DVD so why it's called a DVD recorder I don't know). So I have copied the files onto my desktop HDD. With maybe 60% of the files I have been able to edit out all the ads. (there are 100 or more in each game) and stored them as MKV files ready for burning. For some reason the other 40% or so come up with no sound when I open them in Avidemux even though they play fine in MPC-HCx64. Can anyone out there assist a 75 y.o. AFL fanatic?

eumagga0x2a

  • Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3692
Re: no audio on some TS files when using Avidemux
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 06:58:23 AM »
I assume you mean "the latest release" when mentioning "the latest version". Please try the latest nightly instead (https://avidemux.org/nightly/vsWin64/ for 64 bits Windows starting with Windows 7, at the time of writing the latest build is 191218). Don't forget to delete old *.idx2 files for transport streams (.ts) where the release failed to detect audio first, this will trigger re-indexing when these files are opened with Avidemux.

If the problem persists with the latest nightly, ultimately only a sample .ts file might help to fix the problem, but for starters, please delete *.idx2 once again, open the corresponding TS file in Avidemux, close Avidemux, then compress (zip or 7z) and attach admlog.txt from %localappdata%\avidemux\ location to your reply.