avidemux 2.7 for windows intermittently skips some commands in CLI mode.

Started by minseung0119, January 02, 2020, 02:26:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minseung0119

Hello.

I want to use avidemux 2.7 in CLI mode.

The goal is to merge the three video files together.

I ran the command like this:

"C:\Program Files\Avidemux 2.7 VC++ 64bits\avidemux_cli.exe" --load "d:\gx\1.mkv" --append "d:\gx\2.mkv"  --append "d:\gx\3.mkv" --save "d:\gx\result.mkv" --quit

However, avidemux intermittently skips commands after load.

Sometimes only 1 output

Sometimes only 1,3

Sometimes the normal result of 1, 2, 3 combined is output.

If I make a batch cmd file and keep it running, I should try 7 ~ 8 times to get the normal result of 1,2,3 combined.

How can I solve this problem?

eumagga0x2a

I assume that you refer to version 2.7.5 or the latest nightly.

Are the triplets of mkv files actually different? Or is the failure to append random, happening for the same 3 files when trying again and again?

If the former: can you manually load the first, append the two other mkv files and successfully save in copy mode when using the GUI?

minseung0119

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on January 02, 2020, 12:23:45 PM
I assume that you refer to version 2.7.5 or the latest nightly.

Are the triplets of mkv files actually different? Or is the failure to append random, happening for the same 3 files when trying again and again?

If the former: can you manually load the first, append the two other mkv files and successfully save in copy mode when using the GUI?

yes. actually different.

and When using the GUI mode, three mkv files are merged normally.

eumagga0x2a

Please launch the command line redirecting the output to a file (admlog-cli.txt) for a mkv triplet 1.mkv, 2.mkv and 3.mkv known to fail

C:\Program Files\Avidemux 2.7 VC++ 64bits\avidemux_cli.exe" --load "d:\gx\1.mkv" --append "d:\gx\2.mkv"  --append "d:\gx\3.mkv" --save "d:\gx\result.mkv" --quit > %tmp%\admlog-cli.txt

then compress (zip, 7z) the generated admlog-cli.txt from your Temp folder and attach to your reply.

minseung0119

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on January 04, 2020, 03:02:18 PM
Please launch the command line redirecting the output to a file (admlog-cli.txt) for a mkv triplet 1.mkv, 2.mkv and 3.mkv known to fail

C:\Program Files\Avidemux 2.7 VC++ 64bits\avidemux_cli.exe" --load "d:\gx\1.mkv" --append "d:\gx\2.mkv"  --append "d:\gx\3.mkv" --save "d:\gx\result.mkv" --quit > %tmp%\admlog-cli.txt

then compress (zip, 7z) the generated admlog-cli.txt from your Temp folder and attach to your reply.

After six attempts, I was able to get complete results.

1 is 1.mkv output as result.mkv

1 + 2 is the result of 1.mkv and 2.mkv combined as result.mkv

1 + 2 + 3 is the result.mkv of 1.mkv, 2.mkv, and 3.mkv combined, which is a complete file.

See the command.png file.

eumagga0x2a

Thank you, could you please retry with a current nightly?

VC++ (the last one from 2019-12-22): https://avidemux.org/nightly/vsWin64/

or

MinGW (the last one from 2020-01-01): https://avidemux.org/nightly/win64/

eumagga0x2a