News:

--

Main Menu

Limitation of reference frames with lHigh L4.1

Started by Fergar, February 03, 2020, 03:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fergar

Hello,

Since the last update Avidemux_2.7.5 VC++ 64bits 200116, the videos mp4 with resolution 1920x1080 with IDC Level High L4.1 only allow me Max. Ref. frames: 4, they only allow me reference frames 6 that are the ones I always use, with IDC Level High L5.

Is this correct, now should High L5 be for more than 4 reference frames in 1920x1080? With any other resolution it goes as usual.

Regards

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: Fergar on February 03, 2020, 03:17:17 PM
Since the last update Avidemux_2.7.5 VC++ 64bits 200116

I assume you didn't test earlier nightlies, the relevant changeset was committed on Oct 18, 2019, so they all should behave the same. Builds prior to that date didn't check IDC level conformance at all.

Quotethe videos mp4 with resolution 1920x1080 with IDC Level High L4.1 only allow me Max. Ref. frames: 4, they only allow me reference frames 6 that are the ones I always use, with IDC Level High L5.

Is this correct, now should High L5 be for more than 4 reference frames in 1920x1080?

I really don't know better than to point to https://planetcalc.com/3321/, I'm sorry.

QuoteWith any other resolution it goes as usual.

Does it mean that increasing resolution beyond 1920x1080 makes ref frames values > 4 possible for Level 4.1? In this case it must be a bug.

Fergar

Thanks for answering.

Yes I follow the updates of nightlies, but since I have been using the same configuration for years, I had not realized this limitation of reference frames. I thought it had been just after the last update, because it coincided that I edited a video and it was going to me in size and when I checked the mediainfo I realized how many of the 4 referencia frames and I started testing until I saw that it was on the level.

Now I have checked what was happening for a long time, but I don't know since when, because I don't have time to check all the edited videos.

I have no problem and I will edit the videos with IDC Level High L5, but if someone has any problem with this limitation due to possible errors with hardware players, then let them know that from 1920x1080p and higher resolutions: 6 referencia frames require Level High L5.

Regards