Seek doesn't always work - 2.7.5 14th March Win64 Qt5 [Solved]

Started by Faiakes, March 14, 2020, 10:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiakes

With some video files I can no longer drag the seek bar and move to another part of the video.
There is only a black frame displayed.
It makes no difference if the video in on play or stopped.
I tried the portable version too. No difference.
This seems to have started after receiving the latest Win10 update, but I could be wrong. ( I am on 1909, aka 10.0.18363.720)

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: Faiakes on March 14, 2020, 10:37:45 AM
With some video files I can no longer drag the seek bar and move to another part of the video.

Does it mean that it worked fine with older Avidemux builds?

QuoteThere is only a black frame displayed.
It makes no difference if the video in on play or stopped.
I tried the portable version too. No difference.
This seems to have started after receiving the latest Win10 update, but I could be wrong. ( I am on 1909, aka 10.0.18363.720)

I doubt that this has anything to do with the operating system (disabling DXVA2 hw accelerated video decoder in Avidemux preferences could give a clue). A very probable cause might be a video with codec settings changing midway, a scenario Avidemux cannot handle (never could, so an earlier build won't make a difference).

While using the latest Avidemux nightly (as you do), please load such a file, reproduce the problem, close Avidemux, then compress (zip or 7z) and attach admlog.txt from %localappdata%\avidemux\ to your reply in order to allow to assess the situation.

Faiakes

eumagga0x2a

Faiakes