Integration of compiled Avidemux into Xubuntu 18.04

Started by signy13, May 02, 2020, 06:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

signy13

I use saved Tinypy scripts a lot and now I use compiled version of Avidemux. Deb files created by createDebFromSourceUbuntu.bash do not have any integration Avidemux into Xubuntu so I prepared files which work quite well in Thunar (based on *.desktop files and mime).
Integration (see zipped attachment) is based on:

• Symlinks created in /usr/bin, so in case of updating Avidemux the only necessary change is just changing symlinks.
  • *.desktop files which conditionally shows if symlinks exist.
  • Icons for Avidemux and Tinypy scripts.
  • Mime package file for Tinypy script (based on magicword "#PY  <- Needed to identify".
The Tinypy script recognition works well in Thunar (an icon is as it is supposed to be), but the icon is different in QT5 file dialog in Avidemux.
Does anybody have an idea why the icon is not working in QT5 file dialog?

eumagga0x2a

Avidemux uses here whatever Qt is providing as filechooser in your desktop environment.

I would strongly recommend to launch avidemux3_qt5 via a wrapper script to discard debug messages which otherwise may inflate the user journal or other logging facilities.

If you are a sole user on this system and if you are going to closely follow Avidemux development, I would further recommend running Avidemux without installation (and debs are just for convenient removal when Avidemux needs to be available in multiuser setups).

signy13

Thank you for your info, I will continue searching in the system dialogues (no success yet).

I looked into logs (journalctl, dmesg) and did not found any logs regarded to avidemux so maybe the wrapper is not necessary.

I like deb files because it is easy to install them on different computers and remove as well.