Since april 30 versions, problem to cut some MP4 in copy mode (corrupted output)

Started by me444, June 04, 2020, 12:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

me444

I'm not an expert in codecs and formats, so i try to explain my problem from a usage perspective as best as i can:

Until (including) nightly avidemux_r200415_win64Qt5_96.zip  april 15th, #96 all worked fine.
Since #97 from april 30th (avidemux_r200430_win64Qt5_97.zip) i encounted:

Attempt to cut some MP4 files in copy mode:
- Step forward to a keyframe > 0 ad set as start marker
- Step forward again and set an end marker
- Use "copy" for both video and audio portion and save the file
Result:
- The ADM builtin player does not play it (it does not find any contents resp. keyframe after position 0)
- Using MPC-HC Home cinema as player:
  Audio playback will start immediately. Video playback has a delay of a couple of seconds until it begins the playback.

Maybe the file(s) does not meet the ADM's format expectation, but, as told, before april 30th it did work perfectly.

Remark: i would like to avoid a re-encoding of the file which was not necessary before at all.

I'm able to provide a smal testcase (appraox. 16MB) together with small cut results from april 15th and the latest nightly from june 01  .... if i only knew where to store them.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: me444 on June 04, 2020, 12:16:20 PM
Attempt to cut some MP4 files in copy mode:
- Step forward to a keyframe > 0 ad set as start marker
- Step forward again and set an end marker

What do you mean by "step" here? Usually it means a single frame. Or do you mean "seek to the next keyframe"?
Quote- Use "copy" for both video and audio portion and save the file
Result:
- The ADM builtin player does not play it (it does not find any contents resp. keyframe after position 0)
- Using MPC-HC Home cinema as player:
  Audio playback will start immediately. Video playback has a delay of a couple of seconds until it begins the playback.

Maybe the file(s) does not meet the ADM's format expectation, but, as told, before april 30th it did work perfectly.

Difficult to tell.

QuoteI'm able to provide a smal testcase (appraox. 16MB) together with small cut results from april 15th and the latest nightly from june 01  .... if i only knew where to store them.

Please use WeTransfer (you don't need to provide an email address, even if it looks as it it were necessary!), Mega, Dropbox or Google Drive. I would need only the source video and steps to reproduce, but getting the output from the cut won't harm.

me444

Hi eumagga0x2a,

ok, via WeTransfer:  https://we.tl/t-RKofVXKAw7

> What do you mean by "step" here?
5th button from the left "Go to next keyframe (UP)"

eumagga0x2a

Thank you, I can reproduce the issue, looking into it.

The workaround for now: save the entire video in copy mode as MPEG-TS. The resulting .ts file can be cut as usual, also when saving as .mp4.

me444

Great news - thanks a lot for your efforts ! :) :)
I'll check with the next nightly

me444

Tried latest nightly (avidemux_r200606_win64Qt5_105.zip) and find it to work fine again.
Perfect! :) Many thanks eumagga0x2a !  :)

eumagga0x2a

You are welcome, my apologies for inconvenience. Please don't hesitate to report problems (especially regressions) right away in the future.