News:

--

Main Menu

Missing libssp-0-dll

Started by VictorVG, June 10, 2020, 01:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VictorVG

v2.75, nightly builds after 06/07/2020 there is no required libopus-0.dll dependency libssp-0.dll which in the general case is not included in the OS since not used by MSVS compilers. As a result, we receive a partially false message about the impossibility of launching the application, but ADM itself is launched, although its capabilities are partially limited. I took this DLL from https://www.dll.ru/files/libssp-0-dll, although I'm not sure that despite the coincidence of the import names, there will be no differences in the transmitted data structures (this is found in some Win32API WFP functions because for which, for example, the Process Hacker Firewall Monitor plug-in does not work on all versions of Windows - the changes were made in Win7 - 8.1 - 10, and in the last one several times, all without changing the names of functions, only the transferred data structures ... with consequences for users :)).

My suggestion is to immediately include the required libssp-0.dll assembly in the package by putting it next to libopus-0.dll.

eumagga0x2a

I cannot reproduce the issue on my Windows 10 installation. I've tried official nightlies (both cross-built and native) as well as my own cross-compiled build. The Opus encoder works fine in all of them. Do I need an older Windows version to be able to reproduce it?

Maybe I should clarify that libssp is not packaged with any of them, my own builds included.

eumagga0x2a

For the sake of completeness, I've now tried to reproduce the issue on Windows 7 to no avail. No error messages, the Opus encoder is fully functional (+ there is no libssp-0.dll on the system partition).

Any ideas?

eumagga0x2a

Oops, wrong cross build tested. Confirmed for official cross builds, generated after MXE refresh.

My private cross builds are not affected, but they probably use a slightly older (just a few commits older) version of MXE, before update mingw-w64 to 7.0.0 landed, which might be directly related.

Thank you very much for your report.

eumagga0x2a

Packaging of cross builds is fixed, refreshed binaries are available.

VictorVG

eumagga0x2a

Big thanks! I confirmed fix.