News:

--

Main Menu

Sound drops out after I make an edit

Started by CaptainCrawdad, June 16, 2020, 12:46:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainCrawdad

Sometimes after I make a cut, the sound will drop out completely, with only intermittent clicks and static sounds instead. The screen will often flash green after I hit the play button after making an edit. Sometimes undoing the edit will fix the issue, but sometimes it won't, and there's nothing that I can see to do except start over.

Has anyone run into this issue and know what causes it or how I can avoid it?

eumagga0x2a

As you mention the "green flash" (a single one on start of playback), which should be fixed since ages, do you see it with recent / latest nightly builds?

https://avidemux.org/nightly/

Regarding audio, hard to tell without any usable information provided, but may be related to format of audio track changing on the fly in the file. This is not supported.

Else please provide a sample video using WeTransfer (no email address required even if the first glance suggests otherwise!), Mega, Dropbox, Google Drive or an equivalent service and exact steps to reproduce the issue with the latest nightly.

If uploading a sample poses a problem (or if the sample is not innocuous enough), please reproduce the issue(s) using the latest nightly, close Avidemux and provide the admlog.txt file (%localappdata%\avidemux\admlog.txt on Windows). Thank you.