News:

--

Main Menu

Youtube won't process my videos ?

Started by Benova, June 18, 2020, 02:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benova

Hello everyone,

I am a teacher and for the summer semester I wanted to edit some videos for my classes. I don't need to process or re encode my videos, I just want to trim out the mistakes and join together my videos to make one video file and then I need to upload them to youtube for my students. I've read online that the "copy" video and "copy" audio feature from avidemux does just that, and that's true ! I was able to quickly edit my videos, merge them together and use the markers at key frame points to cut out my mistakes.

My problem is that when I try to upload them to youtube, it wont process my final video at all.It uploads just fine, but it was stuck at 0% all night. . So it seems that using the "CUT" features, and using "copy" video and audio does something to my video that youtube cannot handle. I have no problem uploading and processing my raw videos on youtube, it's really a bug with avidemux.

Can someone help me? I would really like to be able to use Avidemux on the fly to quickly merge videos and cut the little mistakes, without needing to wait many hours to recompile the edited video. For now, I used avidemux to convert my video to another format (mpeg H264), but it took roughly 3 hours to compile, which is time I don't have, and it still wasn't able to be processed bu youtube. I need a quick solution. If it's not possible, I will just upload the raw videos with the mistakes, but I hope there's another quick solution.

Thank you for your time !

eumagga0x2a

Do you experience the same problem when using the latest nightly build?

https://avidemux.org/nightly/

If yes, please post some information about the properties of the source videos e.g. as output by MediaInfo or, better, provide a short sample video via WeTransfer (it doesn't need an email address to work, no), Mega, Dropbox or Google Drive.

Benova

Hello, I'm not sure I understand what the nightly build is? I opened your link, but it's a bunch of folders. Should I download the newest version for my OS?

I currently use the 2.7.5 release of avidemux.

Here's the mediainfo of the file that youtube cannot process (stuck at 0% forever) :

eumagga0x2a

Exactly. You even don't need to install it if you take e.g. the latest ZIP package from https://avidemux.org/nightly/win64/

(The archive needs to be extracted before running avidemux.exe though)

2.7.5 has become very outdated meanwhile.

("Nightly" is a build generated from the current state of the Avidemux code)

Benova

I updated my message with the mediainfo informations.

eumagga0x2a

Thank you, please create a short test video from original source videos using a nightly build and try to upload it to Youtube. Especially the handling of MP4 files has been (hopefully) improved in the current Avidemux builds.

When trying nightly builds, please ensure they never run simultaneously with older installed builds or releases.

(Honestly, I have no idea whether Youtube allows such huge, high-quality files)

Benova

I uploaded it raw to youtube (without edit) with no problems, and the file size is the same.
I will do a test and come back to you shortly, thanks a lot for your time ! Hopefully I will be able to use avidemux all summer for my classes.

eumagga0x2a

Could you please provide the MediaInfo output (copying and pasting the text output is better than resorting to screenshots) for a source video?