codec for codec setting across a cut point do not match

Started by tunk, June 25, 2020, 03:48:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tunk

Hi, I'm have a little question.

My situation: I download video from youtube in 1080p MKV format. There're 9 part.
Then I use Avidemux to comblind it together by using "Append" function.
at first I have a problem because each file have a different heigh so I use function "swsResize" to make each file have a same height.

After that I try to append it again. when I click save this program show me a popup
"codec or codec setting across a cut point do not match. playback of the video saved in copy mode may stop at this point.
do you want to continue anyway?"

When I clink continue, 100% ....then I play a video, audio is ok but
It's show me like this pictue

็How can I fix this problem?
Thank you so much.

eumagga0x2a

You have to re-encode appended fragments once again, it won't work in copy mode for exactly the reason the warning tells you.

tunk

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on June 25, 2020, 06:21:48 AM
You have to re-encode appended fragments once again, it won't work in copy mode for exactly the reason the warning tells you.

Could you please expain more in detail. I don't know how to do it. Thank you so much.

eumagga0x2a

You have selected "Copy" as video codec in Avidemux, this is why you get the warning when properties of appended videos don't match. You need to select a real encoder instead, e.g. "Mpeg4 AVC (x264)" if you want to get H.264 video stream for output, "HEVC (x265)" if you want HEVC, "VP9 (libvpx)" if you want VP9 (you'd need a nightly build for the latter).

tunk

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on June 25, 2020, 02:32:02 PM
You have selected "Copy" as video codec in Avidemux, this is why you get the warning when properties of appended videos don't match. You need to select a real encoder instead, e.g. "Mpeg4 AVC (x264)" if you want to get H.264 video stream for output, "HEVC (x265)" if you want HEVC, "VP9 (libvpx)" if you want VP9 (you'd need a nightly build for the latter).

Thank you so much. I will try and hope for a great outcome.