Too short errors constantly

Started by any_pie, July 02, 2020, 06:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

any_pie

I keep getting errors like

"Too short

The saved video is incomplete. The error occured at 00:00:04,341 (0). This may happen as a result of invalid time stamps in the video"

And it's getting pretty annoying how have so many videos fail for no reason. I'm just copying the video output and setting it to MP4 Muxer. Used to work all the time without any issues, then I had a few video sources get that error and now it keeps happening.

eumagga0x2a

Do you refer to the latest nightly?

If the source video which cannot be saved to mp4 is a MKV, things might improve once nightlies including the commit [demuxers/Matroska] Try to fix generated dts being incompatible with advertised time base resulting in failure to save as mp4 become available, else please provide Avidemux log from loading such a problematic source and saving it in copy mode to mp4.

Saving to mp4 should almost never fail because of timestamp collisions if you crank up the clock in the configuration of the MP4 muxer to 90 kHz (this effectively disables rounding of timestamps to a multiple of timebase during saving, which on one hand is necessary to produce constant frame rate output, but on the other can easily end up in a timestamp collision when timestamps don't match the supposed timebase very well).