News:

--

Main Menu

Error upon trying to save selection as JPEG

Started by andrewmyles, July 12, 2020, 01:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewmyles

So, I'm trying to save selection of frames as JPEGs, and I've done that before, except now I can't. I'm getting a silly error trying to tell me that the name I chose is not correct. WTF? is there so secret naming scheme to it? If I want to name frames WHATEVER, then I expect avidemux to name them WHATEVER_001, WHATEVER_002, etc.

no matter which folder I choose, what name, it always returns an error. And sometimes, the error doesn't appear, but clicking on "save" doesn't start the saving. Why?

This is why I keep Avidemux 2.5 installed as well, that function worked there flawlessly.

eumagga0x2a

Avidemux expects the name pattern to be WHATEVER.jpg

eumagga0x2a

Actually, it is happy to have just a period at the end of the filled in filename like "WHATEVER.".

Windows-only, the Linux version is happy without with just "WHATEVER". Looking into it.

eumagga0x2a

The Qt toolkit, which provides the build blocks for Avidemux graphical user interface, seems to be overly cautious on Windows and blocks file names without something looking like an extension at the end (actually, just a period alone). Should be fixed by [gui_save] Filter file dialog for jpg when saving a selection as JPEG images, Qt rejects filenames without extension on Windows.

A tiny inconvenience, but with high user confusion potential.

Thank you for your report.