News:

--

Main Menu

avidemux 2.7.6 win32 crashed

Started by See King, July 14, 2020, 04:40:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

See King

downloaded avidemux_2.7.6_win32.exe, checked MD5 (OK), installed.
I also emptied "X:\Documents and Settings\.........\Application Data\avidemux" folder by deleting old version's files.
when I load any MP4 video, it crashes with the following message:

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
unknown function  [libADM_render6_QT5.dll]
ADM_setCrashHook  [libADM_core6.dll]
ADM_setCrashHook  [libADM_core6.dll]
ValidateLocale  [kernel32.dll]

file crash.py contents:

#PY  <- Needed to identify #
#--automatically built--

adm = Avidemux()
if not adm.loadVideo("R:/Temp/National_Geographic_floods1.mp4"):
    raise("Cannot load R:/Temp/National_Geographic_floods1.mp4")
adm.clearSegments()
adm.addSegment(0, 0, 196760000)
adm.markerA = 0
adm.markerB = 0
adm.setPostProc(3, 3, 0)
adm.videoCodec("Copy")
adm.audioClearTracks()
adm.setSourceTrackLanguage(0,"und")
adm.audioAddTrack(0)
adm.audioCodec(0, "copy");
adm.audioSetDrc(0, 0)
adm.audioSetShift(0, 0, 0)
adm.setContainer("MP4", "muxerType=0", "optimize=1", "forceAspectRatio=False", "aspectRatio=1", "rotation=0", "clockfreq=0")

I checked in Preference, OpenGL was disabled.
Now I deleted all the files in "X:\Documents and Settings\.........\Application Data\avidemux" again and restore all files in this folder from the backup (of previous version) and run it again, this time Avidemux runs smoothly. Then I emptied the folder "X:\Documents and Settings\.........\Application Data\avidemux" again and run Avidemux 276, it crashes again with the message I copied above.

It means Avidemux 2.7.6 can not be fresh-installed? It needs the contents of "avidemux" folder in AppData of previous version to run?

What is the problem?

eumagga0x2a

Works fine for me upon a clean install (both "avidemux" user directories in %appdata% and %localappdata% removed) on a Windows 7 test machine (64 bits, however).

What happens when you disable the default DXVA2 video output in favor of the unaccelerated one (i.e. "Qt") prior to loading the video?

See King

Thank you for your kind reply.
I am sorry I forgot to mention that I am using Windows XP SP3 32-bit, 4 GB RAM.

I will disable the default DXVA2 video output in favor of the unaccelerated one (i.e. "Qt") prior to loading the video and will post the result ASAP, probably in half an hour.

Thank you again

See King

Yes, it worked. I Changed "Video display" setting from DXVA2 to Qt and now every video loads normally. Thank you. Can you kindly explain it why? I guess my graphic card lacks something? However this never happened in any of previous version.

I am attaching 2 screenshots, in the second ss, the tab "HW Accel" shows the check box option "Decode video using DXVA2 (windows)", it was unchecked by default.

Thank you again, you solved my problem, and good forum and moderator to available for help and guidance.

eumagga0x2a

Could you please provide admlog.txt (located in %localappdata%) from a crash loading R:/Temp/National_Geographic_floods1.mp4 with DXVA2 enabled?

If the previous release worked on your system with DirectX Video Acceleration for video display enabled, then please briefly uninstall 2.7.6, install the 200403 nightly from https://avidemux.org/nightly/win32/, rename the "avidemux" folder in %appdata% to avoid any problems from possibly incompatible configuration and try to load a video with DXVA2 enabled.

There was a single one change in DXVA2 output, that nightly doesn't have it.

If the nightly works fine, I'll tentatively revert that change for the legacy-compat branch used for win32 builds. It may take some time before fresh nightlies become available. I'll post here when there is a new build to try.

If the DXVA2 output in the nightly doesn't work, the problem is not related to that change (and there is nothing I can do about it).

Could you meanwhile test whether OpenGL output (you need to enable OpenGL for that) in the release build works, please? The unaccelerated "Qt" output is really the last resort as it burdens the CPU with all the work.

QuoteI guess my graphic card lacks something?

The card, its driver, the DirectX glue in-between the driver and Avidemux or something else in the Universe.