News:

--

Main Menu

adding jpg or jpeg file

Started by DaleRaynor, July 24, 2020, 08:16:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaleRaynor

Can please someboy help a dummy like me? I want to paste a jpg image at the beginning and at the end of a mp4 file. They should stay 2 sec. max before the beginning and after the end. Thanks for help and suggestions, I could not find info on that subject

eumagga0x2a

The only challenge is the audio. You would need to extract* the audio track of the video and edit it with e.g. Audacity or an equivalent wave editor to add 2 seconds of silence or whatever at the start and after the end. You'll later add this audio later to the video.

Now for the video part:

1. Load the source video in Avidemux (I assume it is NOT anamorphic, i.e. pixel aspect ratio is 1:1)

2. Disable audio track(s)

3. Choose desired video encoder and output container.

4. Append (Ctrl+A or drag'n'drop onto Avidemux window) the JPEG image (it must have the same dimensions as the video)

5. Seek to the end of the video (press "E" with alternative keyboard shortcuts enabled, all further shortcuts imply this)

6. Reset markers (press "R")

7. Set the marker A here (press "I")

8. Copy the selection (Ctrl+C)

9. Seek to the start of the video (press "S")

10. Paste the copied frame (Ctrl+V)

11. Seek to the new start of the video (press "S")

12. Open the filter manager and add "Still Image" filter with start time set to zero and duration set to 2 seconds

13. Seek to the marker A position (press "A")

14. Open the filter manager and add another "Still Image" instance to the filter chain, this time with start set to the time of the marker A position, duration set again to 2 seconds

15. Re-encode the video

16. Load the resulting file in Avidemux and add the prepared audio file as external audio track

17. Enable audio shift and find a value providing a proper A/V sync

18. If it is unavoidable to re-encode audio, choose audio encoder and, if necessary, audio filter

19. Set video codec to copy

20. Save video.

*) Mind audio codec. If it is DTS MA, the Master Audio part will be lost, only the core is supported for now.