2.7.6 and latest nighlty build absolutely refuses to trim last frame of video

Started by dbminter, August 29, 2020, 03:57:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbminter

I've got a source file where AVIDeMux 2.7.6 and the latest nightly build absolutely refuses to trim the last frame.  When it's deleted, the preview window doesn't show the last frame.  But, if you advance to the end the of the video, it's there.  And the frame is present in the final output, too.

I've also noticed navigation issues with the slider.  You move the slider to a specific point in the video and then the left arrow key moves the slider way back farther than I'd think it should.

Here's a link to it on my OneDrive if anyone wants to try to repeat my results.  It's only like 8.3 MB:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AgRNx8Q17xvfjzid8MXkXY9u7Dsc?e=dPEn8S

Thanks!

EDIT: Looks like I may have posted in the wrong place.  Sorry.

EDIT 2: I discovered if I save my edited file as an x264 and then load that edited saved file back into AVIDeMux, I can trim the final stubborn frame.  However, the playback navigation of the new saved file with the frame removed is problematic in MPC-HC.  You can only jump to certain parts of the video with the mouse.  Clicking some areas does not start playback at that location.  Clicking other areas starts playback at a point before the part you click on.

EDIT 3: Actually, the problem may lie with Handbrake.  Handbrake created the original MP4 source file.  That original MP4 also has the navigation issues I mentioned above in MPC-HC.  This leads me to believe the problems lie with Handbrake.

eumagga0x2a

Direct access is possible only to keyframes, it is up to encoder and its configuration to decide which frames are encoded as keyframes. Avidemux translates the position of the navigation slider to the closest previous keyframe.