News:

--

Main Menu

Is there a Dark mode?

Started by Mr_3raqi, September 01, 2020, 03:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_3raqi

Hello, I want to ask this because I looked it up and saw some people on this forum talking about a dark mode/dark theme on version 2.7.2 and 2.7.1.
Quote from: riji on March 21, 2019, 11:20:57 AMSorry, but your answer is a little too difficult for my understanding.
I will continue to use version 2.7.2 in dark mode (which I also like); and maybe a solution will come soon.
If there's a dark mode could you please tell me how to activate it?
Using version 2.7.6
tried looking into the program, but found nothing in the preferences' User interface tab.

eumagga0x2a

The dark mode is inherited from system settings, a macOS-only feature of the Qt toolkit, used to draw Avidemux GUI. On Linux, there is a third-party Qt theme (adwaita-qt), which includes also a dark mode.

Support for dark mode on Windows in the Qt toolkit is in the works upstream, but hasn't arrived in a usable shape in a release yet.

Mr_3raqi

Oh, thank you for the reply, so no love for windows eh? :).

eumagga0x2a

We depend on what is offered by big, external project which Qt is. If they don't offer support for a feature Microsoft was the last to implement, there is nothing short of creating a custom Qt theme Avidemux can do. And the latter is not feasible with existing resources.