News:

--

Main Menu

Audio E-AC3: problems with decoding

Started by domenico, November 14, 2020, 05:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

domenico

When converting E-AC3 audio format to AAC (Or AC3), avidemux 2.7.7 (Both VC++ and normal) crashes, while with avidemux 2.7.1 everything is ok. Some help ...

eumagga0x2a

Please reproduce the crash and attach Avidemux log (%localappdata%\avidemux\admlog.txt) to your reply. Don't restart Avidemux before you have copied or moved away the file, else the log file will be overwritten.

E-AC3 playback and re-encoding to other codecs works for me just fine with the latest available win64 (cross-compiled for Windows with MinGW) nightly on Windows 10 as well as with the latest git master on Linux.

domenico

I attach both logs. Thanks for your help.
If you want I attach the crash.py file.
ps I am Italian and know little of the English language. I hope to make myself understood anyway (with the help of google)

eumagga0x2a

Thank you, so the problem is that the channel layout of the decoded audio cannot be matched to the input channel layout of the encoder. Could you please provide via WeTransfer (no email address required!), Mega, Dropbox or Google Drive a short (duration of 1 minute should suffice) sample of the source MKV, saved in copy mode?

I don't need crash.py.

Quote from: domenico on November 14, 2020, 09:45:27 PMps I am Italian and know little of the English language. I hope to make myself understood anyway (with the help of google)

Your Google Translate English is perfectly clear and readable, but you can just write in Italian if it is more comfortable (but I have to answer in English).

domenico

domenico

Doing some tests, if I use Audio Filters-Remix-Mixer-5.1 everything is ok. For the moment I can use this solution, waiting for some new ones.

domenico

Thank you for the great work you do to develop this very useful project

eumagga0x2a

A MinGW build (r201115) presumably containing the fix is now available at https://avidemux.org/nightly/win64/

domenico