News:

--

Main Menu

X264 Core Update

Started by Fergar, December 12, 2020, 10:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fergar

Hello,

I use the versions that are coming out at windows nightly vsWin64, where it uses x264 core 157 r2969, the latest version being 161 r3027 (October 26, 2020).

I would like to know (from the most absolute ignorance), if it is possible that I myself can add the updates that are coming out to the program.

Regards

eumagga0x2a

I still haven't mastered building Avidemux with Visual Studio (mostly due to lack of time and to a different focus), so I cannot guide you. x264 in VC++ builds comes from the ShiftMediaProject like most of other external libs used by Avidemux. You could cross-compile your own Avidemux build for Windows on Linux using MXE, this is documented here. I bet this is the simplest approach.

This doesn't mean that building just the x264 DLL and the Qt and CLI versions of the plugin in VC++ for an existing Avidemux VC++ build is impossible, see http://www.avidemux.org/admWiki/doku.php?id=build:devel_2.6_msvc. Please be aware that "-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release" doesn't work with Visual Studio, this is an error in Wiki. Avidemux VC++ nightlies are built with VC++ 2019 if I am not mistaken, I assume you would need the same version. You will probably need all the Avidemux headers + Qt.

Fergar

Thanks for answering. I wouldn't even know where to start with what you have told me. I was thinking about the possibility that the x264 library could be updated in an easy way.

Regarding x264 in vsWin64, I use it basically because the version is more updated than in win64 ... x264 core 157 - x264 core 155.

Regards