February 25, 2021, 03:49:39 PM

News:

--

Apple Silicon (ARM) support

Started by mondego, January 14, 2021, 02:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mondego

Any plans to support ARM for the next release?

eumagga0x2a

Avidemux runs natively on ARM/Linux, albeit with limitations due to assembly in Avidemux itself (not in bundled libraries) being x86-only. There are no official builds, that's all. However, it is very uncertain whether any development will happen targeting ARM/macOS.

Barbarossa

Would love to see ARM support on the Mac.
I tried to compile it but failed, I've replaced the built in ffmpeg with the one bundled with Homebrew, and then figured out how to use Homebrew's libav, but then had some more issues with the build using x86 instead of ARM (seems to be hardcoded somewhere) - and gave up on it, was too time consuming.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: Barbarossa on February 23, 2021, 02:11:53 PMI tried to compile it but failed

What was the exact error message? Did you change MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET, currently hardcoded in bootStrapOsx_Catalina.bash to Catalina (10.15) to the default value as reported by

xcrun --sdk macosx --show-sdk-version?

Quote from: Barbarossa on February 23, 2021, 02:11:53 PMI've replaced the built in ffmpeg with the one bundled with Homebrew

I really wonder how you accomplished that as Avidemux relies on a patched version to access some useful private functions.