--

Main Menu

Build fail

Started by szlldm, February 03, 2021, 01:12:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

szlldm

Hi!
On 18.04.1-Ubuntu build fail:
/install/usr/include/avidemux/2.7/ADM_core/ADM_files.h:19:10: fatal error: vector:  file not found
 #include <vector>
          ^~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

commit 58eb29b45e265fcebc52aab768c09b3bc348931f

eumagga0x2a

Hmm, could you please test whether

diff --git a/avidemux_core/ADM_core/include/ADM_default.h b/avidemux_core/ADM_core/include/ADM_default.h
index d2018c197..92981b096 100644
--- a/avidemux_core/ADM_core/include/ADM_default.h
+++ b/avidemux_core/ADM_core/include/ADM_default.h
@@ -35,6 +35,7 @@
 #include "ADM_cpuCap.h"
 #include "ADM_clock.h"
 #include "ADM_misc.h"
+#include "ADM_files.h"
 #endif

#ifdef __cplusplus
@@ -55,11 +56,7 @@ ADM_CORE6_EXPORT const char *ADM_translate(const char *domain, const char *strin
 }
 #endif

-
-
 #include "ADM_mangle.h"
-#include "ADM_files.h"
-

//
 #ifdef _MSC_VER
diff --git a/avidemux_core/ADM_core/include/ADM_files.h b/avidemux_core/ADM_core/include/ADM_files.h
index 125490f20..bd4dc7e15 100644
--- a/avidemux_core/ADM_core/include/ADM_files.h
+++ b/avidemux_core/ADM_core/include/ADM_files.h
@@ -47,8 +47,9 @@ ADM_CORE6_EXPORT uint8_t ADM_renameFile(const char *source, const char *target);
 ADM_CORE6_EXPORT char *ADM_getInstallRelativePath(const char *base1, const char *base2=NULL,const char *base3=NULL);
 /* Returns the full path relative to .avidemux dir i.e. /home/fx/... +base1/base2 needs to be deleted []*/
 ADM_CORE6_EXPORT char *ADM_getHomeRelativePath(const char *base1, const char *base2=NULL,const char *base3=NULL);
-#endif
+/* Populate list with a sorted list of files in directory base matching extension ext, return 1 on success, else 0 */
 ADM_CORE6_EXPORT uint8_t buildDirectoryContent(const char *base, std::vector<std::string> *list, const char *ext);
+#endif

#ifdef _WIN32
 #define ADM_SEPARATOR "\\"

fixes that? I needed to add ".txt" to attachment name else the forum rejected it.

Nothing indicated trouble, even Apple clang was happy.

szlldm

Thanks! It works.

PS: when the new release expected? I have new stuff, but i dont want to delay the release any further :)

eumagga0x2a

Thank you for the report. Which libstdc++-?-dev version is installed on your system? It looks that Ubuntu 18.04 has gcc-7 by default, but there are multiple libstdc++ from the universe repo for other gcc versions.

Quote from: szlldm on February 03, 2021, 11:01:50 AMwhen the new release expected?

Difficult to tell. On one hand, build and release infrastructure is managed by the maintainer in spare time, and on the other, stuff in need of an urgent fix keeps popping up.

On my todo list:

1. address some of most acute shortcomings of python scripting
2. recheck that HEVC cut points checking code works as it should
3. fix for keyboard events in python shell being passed to the main menu on macOS (flickering menus on various keypresses)
4. update translations I can update myself.

In the best case I need one week for the remaining stuff, then build infrastructure may or may not be updated, then nightlies matching the release version for all supported platforms need to be generated, then one more week waiting for people throwing in critical regressions or translators opening pull requests ~ realistically, this amounts to the last week of February.

Quote from: szlldm on February 03, 2021, 11:01:50 AMI have new stuff, but i dont want to delay the release any further

Great to hear about that. Please open new PRs. At worst, they will need to wait there for a while.

Usually, such stuff is managed by making a release branch, leaving master open for development and backporting only substantial bug fixes...

szlldm

gcc 7.5.0
and
libstdc++.so.6

eumagga0x2a

Quite confusing on Ubuntu 18.04 as libstdc++ originates from gcc-8 and libstdc++-7-dev from gcc-7:

https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic-updates/libstdc++6
https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic-updates/libstdc++-7-dev

I have no idea why it is this way.