News:

--

Main Menu

Issues with fonts

Started by dimisa25, February 05, 2021, 08:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dimisa25

Hello, I'm trying to hardsub a video with an ass file where I use diferent fonts. I had the VC++ 201213 version and until last week I had no issues with the fonts I used, but today that I tried to encode a video they do not appear anymore. I downloaded the most recent version (210129) and it still won't work. What can I do? (In very simple words please, I'm very new at this and I don't really understand technical terms :c)

Update: I decided to restart my pc and now it's working, I'm so confused

eumagga0x2a

Does it mean that some fonts stopped working while Avidemux version remained unchanged? BTW, you really should update to 210129 or a later build (to anything more recent than Jan 3, 2021) or roll back to a Nov 2020 one because handling of non-PCM audio tracks in December nightlies was broken.

Are fonts found correctly when running Avidemux in another user account?

Could you please preview the subtitle plugin output, open Avidemux log and list the names of fonts which were substituted?

dimisa25

Yes, they just didn't work today and I hadn't touched anything. Right now, I'm using the 210129 build, that's the one I had installed when I restarted my pc, after that everything seems to be working as usual so far.

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on February 05, 2021, 09:44:25 PMAre fonts found correctly when running Avidemux in another user account?

There is only one user account on my computer so I wouldn't know.

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on February 05, 2021, 09:44:25 PMCould you please preview the subtitle plugin output, open Avidemux log and list the names of fonts which were substituted?

I'm not sure how the log works but I can tell you which fonts didn't work: Veggieburger, VAG Rounded and Ergoe Extra Bold

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: dimisa25 on February 06, 2021, 01:50:21 AMRight now, I'm using the 210129 build, that's the one I had installed when I restarted my pc, after that everything seems to be working as usual so far.

Does it mean that the problem has cured itself?

Quote from: dimisa25 on February 06, 2021, 01:50:21 AMThere is only one user account on my computer so I wouldn't know.

The question implied that you would create a new user account to test whether the issue can be attributed to user-specific configuration.

Quote from: dimisa25 on February 06, 2021, 01:50:21 AMI'm not sure how the log works

FYI: on Windows, Avidemux logs a lot of its internal operations to file admlog.txt, located in %localappdata%\avidemux\ directory. The log from the last Avidemux session is overwritten when you restart the application.

Quote from: dimisa25 on February 06, 2021, 01:50:21 AMVeggieburger

I tried just this one to check whether it works with libass (and thus with Avidemux). It does, a very nice-looking font. The only caveat, the Light and Bold versions need to be called "Veggieburger-Light" and "Veggieburger-Bold" (with "-") in the .ass file to be found.