News:

--

Main Menu

Error when loading video

Started by yorickk, March 27, 2021, 07:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: yorickk on April 01, 2021, 12:21:06 PMproduct: Caicos [Radeon HD 6450/7450/8450 / R5 230 OEM]

With Multi-threading disabled and VDPAU selected it loads ok and there clearly a frame flashing up for a very short time.

Does H.264 video decoding via VDPAU work on your hardware, i.e. do you get "VDPAU" shown as video decoder (at the left) in Avidemux? Can you use VDPAU as display output?

If you disable VDPAU, does decoding via VA-API work (LibVA shown as video decoder)? If it does, does libva display output work too?

Garbage briefly flashing during video display resizing like when loading a video is aestetically not pleasing but completely harmless.

Quote from: yorickk on April 01, 2021, 12:21:06 PMWhat seems odd though is that all the videos that load ok are recorded on the same recorder and transferred on the same HDD.

The only thing which matters is the internal structure of the video stream as generated by the broadcaster. Unless they corrupt data, the receiver and the medium used for data transfer don't matter.

yorickk

In all the tests below I used the smaller head video I provided to you.

Preferences set as follows:
Display = VDPAU, HWAccel = VDPAU, Threading = Disabled
Video Decoder = VDPAU VDPAU(configure greyed out),Video Output = Mpeg4AVC(x264), Audio Output = AC3(lav), Output Format = MP4 Muxer
With these settings the display and editing functions work and Avidemux works to give mp4 output file which plays ok in mpv. Also works with Video Output = HVEC (x265).

Initially I was unable to get Video Decoder = LibVA by just changing the preferences but after closing Avidemux and reloading the video it appeared.

Preferences set as follows:
Display = LIBVA, HWAccel = LIBVA, Threading = Disabled
Video Decoder = LIBVA LibVA (configure greyed out),Video Output = Mpeg4AVC(x264), Audio Output = AC3(lav), Output Format = MP4 Muxer
With these settings the display and editing functions works and Avidemux works to give mp4 output file which plays ok in mpv. Also works with Video Output = HVEC (x265).

Note that for each test I created a separate mp4 output file so I did not overwrite existing files.

You mention VA-API but I do not see it anywhere in the preferences or settings.

One other thing I noted is that the display in Avidemux shows start time as 00:00:00:864 ie it is not zero.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: yorickk on April 03, 2021, 03:26:32 AMVideo Decoder = VDPAU VDPAU
Video Decoder = LIBVA LibVA

This is all I wanted to know (it was about playback / preview, not saving video) regarding viability of Avidemux on AMD graphics hardware, thank you very much.