This video contains B-frames, but presentation time stamps (PTS) are either...

Started by gekht, July 18, 2023, 11:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gekht

hi. when opening an MTS file it asks me the following question: 'This video contains B-frames, but presentation time stamps (PTS) are either missing or monotonically increasing. Avidemux can try to reconstruct correct PTS by decoding the entire video. This may take a lot of time. Proceed?'
if I click yes, the video goes all blurry and jerky (?), it looks like it's rebuilding (or reconstructing, apparently) some parts of frames, making the whole file pretty much useless. It also decreases the length of the video - original is 48 min and what avidemux is trying to sell me is only 11:23 min. I'm really not good with computers and I couldn't find any solutions which would be helpful online, soooo
can anyone help pls? cheers:)

gekht

ah, yes

the version of Avidemux is the latest, 2.8.1
and the OS is 12.6.5 Monterrey

eumagga0x2a

2.8.1 release is almost a year old – an eternity in software terms, but in your case I could imagine that the video is encoded using VC1 codec, in which case you should reject PTS reconstruction.

In doubt, especially when video track is not VC1, please provide a sample (the first ~300 MiB cut with head or dd should suffice) via WeTransfer, Mega, Dropbox or Google Drive, if the latest 2.8.2 nightly exhibits the same problem.