News:

--

Main Menu

Control view if viewing panel enlarged

Started by DRWin, June 10, 2021, 08:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRWin

Hello,
Is there a way to control what part of the frame is visible in the viewing panel if the user chooses to enlarge the view?  The default "center" seems to be the upper left corner of the frame.  This is nowhere near the subject, and usually all I can see is sky.  If there's no way to control this on the user end, would it be possible to make the default the center of the original frame, since this is the key portion of the frame?
Thanks!

DRWin

Forgot to mention: one of the main reasons for wanting to use the magnified "view" feature is to check the effectiveness of sharpening at various settings.  I have to be able to see something other than the sky to do so, and magnification is necessary to see what the frames will look like when shown/viewed at a large size.

eumagga0x2a

The only usable solution would be to redesign window resizing / video zoom behaviour to allow scroll bars, IMHO.

DRWin

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on June 12, 2021, 07:53:11 PMThe only usable solution would be to redesign window resizing / video zoom behaviour to allow scroll bars, IMHO.
Scrolling or grabbing and dragging would be nice.  Should I phrase this as a request?
Would that be simpler than making the center of the image/window the default for the various View settings (zoom)?
Ideally, both features would be included: the center of the image/window would remain at the center regardless of View setting (zoom).  The user would also have the option of dragging/scrolling to various parts of the image.
But either feature would be better than having the default be a corner of the image.
Again, should I submit this as request somewhere?

butterw

You just did. Hopefully someone can contribute the code for this.

From my test on Windows, displaying videos larger at than the screen @1x or 2x zoom doesn't really work. Fit to Screen is OK though.