News:

--

Main Menu

Import AC-3 file causes an error

Started by FredWonz, July 02, 2021, 06:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FredWonz

I've been using Avidemx now for ages ... but only for merging Avi and AC3 files (coming from OnlineTVRecorder). The result will be processed via CutAssistant+VirtualDub. For that I have a very old version of Avidemux (2.5) because the version works pretty well with the old CutAssistant+VirtualDub versions.

I upgraded to Avidemux 2.7.x last year. but could not use it for merging the files. Every time when I try to add an audio track Avidemux gives me an error German version): "Fehler - Kann diese Datei nicht als Tonspur verwenden" (error - cannot use that file as audio track). I get this error message with every OnlineTVRecorder-file-pair (AVI + AC3).

Can you tell me what's going wrong?

The same files work properly in Avidemux 2.5 (but 2.5 seems to have FullHD limitations - due to memory consumption).

Cheers

Ralf

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: FredWonz on July 02, 2021, 06:33:25 AMI upgraded to Avidemux 2.7.x last year.

Only the last release (currently 2.7.8 ) and the most recent nightly — both MinGW "win64" and VC++ "vsWin64" — are supported (and in case of suspected issues only the last nightly):

https://avidemux.org/nightly/

Please try whether the nightly can import the ac3 files in question and report back. If the problem persists, please provide such an ac3 file (the first ~10 MiB should suffice) as sample via WeTransfer (no email address is required despite the website trying to suggest otherwise!), Mega, Dropbox or Google Drive.