Previous topic - Next topic

armourer

Hi,

I am trying to open .mov in the following format:

But getting only colorfull snow.
How can open it with AviDemux ?

Thanks !!!!

eumagga0x2a

Right, the Mp4 demuxer in Avidemux, responsible for QuickTime files, didn't have PNG support and this is the first time ever that someone requested it. Added by commit [demuxers/Mp4] Add support for PNG as video codec, works with files produced by FFmpeg.

armourer

So, this mean that If I will install last nightly build it will work ?

armourer

Oh, sorry for the silly reply, just checked the commit date and I see that it was added on Sep 24th.

So, first of all thank a lot for the special commit !!!

And the second, how can I get this change to work?
Do you have any schedule for nightly builds ?
Should I try to build it by myself ?

Thanks again for help !!!

P.S. this .mov is from digitized 16mm film, so this the reason for png, get the maximum data from the scan...

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: armourer on September 25, 2021, 07:01:12 AMAnd the second, how can I get this change to work?

Avidemux needs to be compiled from source for that change to have effect.

Quote from: armourer on September 25, 2021, 07:01:12 AMDo you have any schedule for nightly builds ?

There is no schedule, but I was going to ask the maintainer to refresh the nightlies pretty soon (would prefer to update some translation stuff before that). This doesn't mean that the necessary work will be done then and there.

Quote from: armourer on September 25, 2021, 07:01:12 AMShould I try to build it by myself ?

If you have a 64-bit Linux system at your disposal and there is quite a lot of free disk space and preferably at least 8 GiB of memory, you could follow the simple howto. This way you would become independent from the supply of official builds and would gain the ability to try out patches and tweak the application to your liking.

eumagga0x2a

A new win64 nightly is available, please try it.