News:

--

Main Menu

Silent install and uninstall of VC++ version

Started by makos, August 31, 2021, 07:41:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

makos

Hello

How to run a silent install and uninstall for Avidemux VC++ version?

Avidemux_2.7.8VC++64bits.exe

C:\Program Files\Avidemux 2.7 VC++ 64bits\Uninstall Avidemux VC++ 64bits.exe

eumagga0x2a

I guess you would need to create a custom installer for that (what purpose should it serve?). Why not just extract the installer once (or run the installer and package the program directory without the uninstaller and the install log) and distribute the archive? Avidemux doesn't really need an installer, it is always a portable app. Windows expects some registry entries for specific desktop integration features, but Avidemux doesn't require any to work.

makos

I would like to deploy Avidemux by using Microsoft Intune.

I did a test installation by using silent-install.bat
xcopy /H /S /Y "Program Files - Avidemux 2.7 VC++ 64bits" "C:\Program Files\Avidemux 2.7 VC++ 64bits\"
xcopy /H /S /Y "Start Menu - Avidemux 2.7 VC++ 64bits" "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Avidemux 2.7 VC++ 64bits\"
xcopy /H /Y "Start Menu - Avidemux 2.7 VC++ 64bits\avidemux.lnk" "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\"

One problem is that there's no an uninstall entry in Add and Remove Programs so users can't easily uninstall Avidemux if they want to.

Another problem is that the installer Avidemux_2.7.8VC++64bits.exe creates shortcuts to the users private folder C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Avidemux 2.7 VC++ 64bits and not to the public folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\. So running the uninstaller only removes shortcuts from the private folder