How to include video filters and audio settings in a preset?

Started by GokuYasha, December 02, 2023, 09:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GokuYasha

i use a video configuration preset, but it would be nice to have all settings in a preset. it would also be nice if video filters werent removed every time i opened a new video file. having a preset with every setting would make that easier to deal with

eumagga0x2a

While you can put whatever you need into a project script, remove the loadVideo() related code and put the file into ~/.avidemux6/custom directory for easy access, configuration of some filters may depend on video properties (interlacing, resolution or frame rate), which is exactly the reason why the filter chain is not kept across different videos.

GokuYasha

couldn't there be a type of preset for when you're working with a bunch of similar files, like a season of a tv show etc., and if the configurations ever don't work there'll just be an error message and you'll have to go back to the original type of preset? my specific issue is i want to change each episode to 360p with swresize (i also wanna figure out why handbrake maintains the video's fit-to-screen but avidemux doesn't lol)

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: GokuYasha on December 03, 2023, 08:17:39 AMcouldn't there be a type of preset for when you're working with a bunch of similar files, like a season of a tv show etc., and if the configurations ever don't work there'll just be an error message and you'll have to go back to the original type of preset?

Some basic checks like width, height and so-called fps1000 (frame rate multiplied with 1000 and rounded to an integer value) can be scripted in Python-like Avidemux internal scripting. This is unrealistic to expect that someone not intimately familiar with your requirements will supply you with a tailored solution, but you can implement quite a lot of automation fitting your needs, see https://github.com/mean00/avidemux2/tree/master/avidemux_plugins/ADM_scriptEngines/tinyPy/src/binding for available methods in different classes, especially in Avidemux (adm.admPyClass) and in Editor (editor.admPyClass).

To automate creation of a particular filter chain on loading a video, you could use (sort of off-label) ~/.avidemux6/defaultSettings.py to put the relevant code. However, the file will be overwritten when you use the "Save current settings as default" menu action.

Quote from: GokuYasha on December 03, 2023, 08:17:39 AMi also wanna figure out why handbrake maintains the video's fit-to-screen but avidemux doesn't lol

In case you meant display aspect ratio for anamorphic videos and in case you export using the MP4 or the MKV muxer, you might want to look into muxer configuration (additionally to VUI configuration of the x264 or x265 video encoder) regarding forcing display aspect ratio. Else you need to resize deinterlaced source in the way that pixels become square.