What should I see on screen after a selected Fade to black job completes

Started by loninappleton, January 17, 2022, 04:48:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loninappleton

I am using the newest AviDemux.  It looks like I got a good edit for a 3 sec fade to black on the end of my video.  But this is about user interface.
When at 100% the message Processing please wait is still on the screen.  So I twiddled my thumbs for a while not wanting to waste the job that takes an hour to run.  When I did exit that Fadout Routine to save, after the window
closes it displays a message that the job is completed.  I always think it's just me these days not understanding how programs are written but does "keep the window open after the job completes" check box have something to do with this confusion?  I'll gladly let it close automatically to avoid these worries.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: loninappleton on January 17, 2022, 04:48:49 AMWhen at 100% the message Processing please wait is still on the screen.

Do you save video to comparably slow storage like a rotational HDD using the MP4 muxer with "optimize for streaming" by moving index to the beginning of the file enabled? This can take in this case a lot of time as the entire file has to be rewritten. Else could you please provide a screenshot? I cannot think of a message in Avidemux with such wording right now.

Quote from: loninappleton on January 17, 2022, 04:48:49 AMdoes "keep the window open after the job completes" check box have something to do with this confusion?

This checkbox, when checked, prevents the encoding dialog from closing when muxing is completed in order to allow the user to comfortably examine statistics shown in this dialog. It has nothing to do with the success or failure confirmation dialog shown once the encoding dialog closes.