Avidemux 2.8.1 - latest dev version thread

Started by szlldm, January 25, 2022, 11:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

szlldm

This thread is exclusively for feedback/info (features/bugs) about the latest versions of Avidemux v2.8.1

https://github.com/mean00/avidemux2
Latest dev builds https://www.avidemux.org/nightly/

szlldm

New nightly 220125
-very quick method to add partial filters using the Ctrl+F keyboard shortcut
-in View/Theme menu you can select a "Light theme" and a "Dark theme" besides the default one.
-fixed maximized window on windows

Previous nightlies (after release)
-fix crash copying to clipboard when selection extends to the end of video
-New filter: 3D LUT, currently cube and haldclut (8 bit png) files supported
-loading image sequence, the frame rate can be defined in the Preferences
-improved indexer of the Matroska demuxer
-lavc (sw decoding) threading up to 16 threads
-x265 and libaom version upgrades
-A-law audio decoder
-other fixes and improvements

szlldm

New nightly 220130
-delogoHQ filter: fixed darkening, better quality blur gradient
-theme switching bugfixes
-HDR RGB tone mappers: more accurate colors, performance improvements

Who

Quote from: szlldm on February 01, 2022, 12:47:38 AM-delogoHQ filter: fixed darkening, better quality blur gradient

Would like to try this, but no MacOS Catalina version yet.

szlldm

New nightly 220207
-video information has been extended with pixel format and colorspace informations
-mouse wheel can be reversed for navigation
-post processing (deinterlacing and deblocking) now actually works
-keyframe navigation errors in case of h264 videos have been fixed
-opus audio channel mapping issues have been fixed

szlldm

New nightly 220330
-E-AC3 support
-adaptive HDR/RGB tonemappers + performance&quality improvements
-GUI can handle up to 32 audio tracks
-encoding priority can be lowered on *nix (Mac,Linux,...)
-new audio downmix options: stereo headphones and (virtual) surround headphones
-volume setting is saved
+bugfixes

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: szlldm on March 30, 2022, 10:15:14 AM-E-AC3 support

To avoid confusion, I would like to add that support for E-AC3 in demuxers, in libavformat-based muxers and in the libavcodec-based audio decoder plugin was present in Avidemux for quite a few years. However, the ability to handle multiple E-AC3 frames (one so-called independent frame followed by one or more dependent frames which may provide additional channels with custom layouts) in a single audio packet is new.

Norbi

With vsWin64/Avidemux_2.8.1 VC++ 64bits 220323.exe version and Resample FPS filter hangs Avidemux when starting encoding.
Chosen codec: HEVC(x265), Resample FPS filter with motion compensation option.
That bug occurred in version 2.8.0 either.
Without frame interpolation or with Blend its working.

eumagga0x2a

Could you please reproduce the issue and prior to restarting Avidemux, provide admlog.txt from %localappdata%\avidemux\ folder? Could you please also test whether the latest available MinGW ("win64") build exhibits the same problem?

Upon a quick test on Linux, I could not reproduce a hang with x265 and Resample FPS (30000/1001 --> 25 fps) filter with motion compensation enabled.

Norbi

Tried /win64/avidemux_r220330_win64Qt5_131.zip
Its just closing itself without any sign when starting encoding.
How can I upload the txt files here?

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: Norbi on April 17, 2022, 01:43:52 AMHow can I upload the txt files here?

When you use the reply button instead of "quick reply", you can attach files up to 512 KiB to your reply. Else please use pastebin, WeTransfer, Mega, Dropbox or Google Drive and either post the link in your reply or send me the link via PM in case CleanTalk interferes with posting.

Norbi

Ok, I attached both versions admlog after hanging/closing.

You cannot view this attachment.
You cannot view this attachment.

eumagga0x2a

The issue is now fixed by szlldm, please try a future nightly.

Thank you for your report.

axst

Option "optimize" does not function anymore !!!

I have the follwing line in my custom py-files (batch script for many files):

adm.setContainer("MP4", "muxerType=0", "optimize=0", "forceAspectRatio=False", "aspectRatio=1", "rotation=0", "clockfreq=0")

Since I updated to version 2.8.1 the option "optimize" is not processed anymore.

AviDemux always moves the entries to the beginning of the file (optimize=1), so changes with the windows dialog take now 1 to 2 minutes :-(

When I use this script as a custom configuration, option 1 is selected although a zero is set in the script. When I set the option in the dialog for "mp4 files" to "no optimizing", the output has the right format.

Please fix it fast as possible !!!

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: axst on April 18, 2022, 08:37:12 PMI have the follwing line in my custom py-files (batch script for many files):

adm.setContainer("MP4", "muxerType=0", "optimize=0", "forceAspectRatio=False", "aspectRatio=1", "rotation=0", "clockfreq=0")

This configuration is incomplete as muxers expect (and always expected) the full parameter list, which would be in case of MP4 muxer

adm.setContainer("MP4", "muxerType=0", "optimize=0", "forceAspectRatio=False", "displayWidth=1280", "aspectRatio=1", "rotation=0", "clockfreq=0")
(the value of displayWidth is ignored if forceAspectRatio is false or aspectRatio is not equal 4). I am not sure at the moment whether we may safely change parameter list parsing for muxers to accept those with some parameters missing. Relaxed parsing would allow to handle situations like yours gracefully.