Why there is no Save Project Settings in menu?

Started by wiza, January 26, 2022, 10:30:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wiza

Hi,
I see only "save settings as default" option and "Load saved settings"
How I can load saved if there is no offer to save?
Also if I close video and add new file, avidemux forgets loaded filters and I have to choose them again with every new video  :(

szlldm

Quote from: wiza on January 26, 2022, 10:30:44 AMHow I can load saved if there is no offer to save?

It reloads the saved default setting.

Quote from: wiza on January 26, 2022, 10:30:44 AMAlso if I close video and add new file, avidemux forgets loaded filters and I have to choose them again with every new video

This is how it supposed to work.

eumagga0x2a

Save project script with all necessary filters (please no partialized ones, those might need special handling to work with different video durations) using the corresponding menu entries in the "File" menu, edit the generated .py to remove the lines loading a video so that you end up with

adm = Avidemux()
adm.addVideoFilter(first filter name, its configuration)
adm.addVideoFilter(second filter name, second filter's configuration)

and so on, put it into the "custom" subfolder of Avidemux profile directory. After restarting Avidemux, you will be able to add all the filters specified in this script in one go from the "Custom" menu in Avidemux after you have loaded a video (else the application should crash).

wiza

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on January 26, 2022, 11:55:12 AMSave project script with all necessary filters (please no partialized ones, those might need special handling to work with different video durations) using the corresponding menu entries in the "File" menu, edit the generated .py to remove the lines loading a video so that you end up with
Why so complicated instead of 1 or 2 more menu items "Save Project settings" or "Save Project settings as"?

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: wiza on January 27, 2022, 07:58:34 AMWhy so complicated instead of 1 or 2 more menu items "Save Project settings" or "Save Project settings as"?

Because scripting filters separately from loaded videos implies that the user fully understands what she or he is doing. This is stuff for advanced users for whom the "complicated" steps are totally natural and easy.