Cannot reach database. Do you have Job control running?

Started by Mick, March 15, 2022, 07:37:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Hi,

i just added a project to joblist. Then closed the file and opened another video file in Avidemux.I made the settings and wanted to add the job, but a window appeared saying:

QuoteCannot reach database. Do you have Job control running?

How can I add more jobs to queue?

BTW: I had this before and reinstalled Avidemux, now, after one file added, it appears again.

Avidemux_2.8.0VC++64bits Windows 10 Pro 21H2 19044.1586 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0

eumagga0x2a

This issue is caused by a firewall (e.g. the Windows Firewall). You need to grant Avidemux executables local server permissions so that they can communicate with each other.

Mick

Thank you for your answer. I tried what you suggested and added all available executable from Avidemux main folder to the allowed apps with Windows firewall.

But the same error message still appears, do you have another idea what I need to check?

eumagga0x2a

I must have misattributed the error. First of all, please make sure you haven't mixed a MinGW Avidemux build and a VC++ Avidemux build in one and the same directory (uninstall Avidemux, grab the latest MinGW "win64" or VC++ "vcWin64" nightly and install it in a new, empty directory). If the issue persists (adding jobs to queue works for me with Avidemux 2.8.0 as well as with my local build off the latest 2.8.1 git impeccably), please start Avidemux afresh, reproduce the problem, close Avidemux and attach admlog.txt from %localappdata%\avidemux to your reply.

Mick

Seems to work now! Thank you.

I had no other version installed than the win64 version 2.8 from http://avidemux.sourceforge.net/download.html.

Okay, downloaded nightly avidemux_2.8.1 r220207_win64.exe

Uninstalled version 2.8 completely.

I left Firewall settings as is.
I checked if they are still set and they are.

I installed with default settings, i.e. Avisynth_VapourSynth and SDK were not marked.
I installed to default directory: C:\Program Files\Avidemux 2.8 - 64 bits