News:

--

Main Menu

Player shows 7.1 receiver shows 2 CH

Started by Loupee, March 23, 2022, 07:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loupee

Hello Everyone, new to this. When playing an MKV file via usb, the DVD player shows 7.1 audio and the receiver shows 2 channel only. The player is connected optically and I get 5.1 from other sources regularly. Can I tweek the file through Avidemux to get those other audio channels and how? Thanks in advance

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: Loupee on March 23, 2022, 07:35:15 PMWhen playing an MKV file via usb, the DVD player shows 7.1 audio and the receiver shows 2 channel only.

Please use MediaInfo application to list all relevant properties of the Matroska file, e.g. it can have multiple audio tracks.

Quote from: Loupee on March 23, 2022, 07:35:15 PMCan I tweek the file through Avidemux to get those other audio channels and how?

Presumably not if you have already cycled through available audio tracks and while 7.1 is displayed only stereo is output by the device, but just in case please post the textual output of MediaInfo (it may happen that CleanTalk external antispam service doesn't like "@" signs in that output, so just replace all occurences with e.g. <at>).

eumagga0x2a

There are 3 audio tracks: TrueHD (7.1), AC3 (English, 5.1) and EAC3 (Hindi, 5.1). A brief internet research suggests you need to connect the receiver via HDMI to be able to pass TrueHD to it.

Loupee

Solved. Only one audio track, 7.1 atmos, device won't play. Reverts to 2 CH. Thanks for heads up on Mediainfo