News:

--

Main Menu

True HD

Started by S-seagal, May 13, 2022, 03:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

S-seagal

I have versions 2.7.8 and 2.8.0 installed.
I have mkv files that contain true HD and true HD atmos soundtracks. Files that contain these soundtracks, avidemux will not let me edit them.
Please advise as to what I can do to remedy this.
I have edited mkv files that contain ac3 soundtracks with no problem.
Files with true HD I cannot, if I remove the true HD soundtrack, it will let me edit them. But I do not want to lose the true CD soundtrack.

eumagga0x2a

Please try the most recent 2.8.1 nightly build first.

https://avidemux.org/nightly/

S-seagal

Thank you for your reply.
I tried the 2.8.1 nightly version, I still get the same error message when saving. Any advice?

eumagga0x2a

Saving a MKV sample I have here with a TrueHD audio track to MKV in copy mode works fine for me. If you use Windows, please start Avidemux (the latest available nightly, of course), reproduce the problem, close Avidemux, then attach admlog.txt from %localappdata%\avidemux\ to your reply as the first troubleshooting step.

By the way, if you have multiple Avidemux installations on your system, please make sure that they are installed in a separate previously empty directory each and never, absolutely never run simultaneously.

S-seagal

Hi, thu+is is the error I receive when trying to save the file:

"Assert failed :nbLaces<MKV_MAX_LACES at line 328, file F:
\jenkins\workspace\VC2019_no_import\avidemux_plugins\ADM_demuxers\Matroska\ADM_mkv_audio.cpp

The application  has encountered a fatal problem
The current editing has been saved and will be reloaded at next start"

Or sometimes it says "cannot open muxer"

The files that bring up this error all have true HD and true HD atmos audio files.
As stated before, if I untick the true HD audio file, it'll save, but I don't want to lose the true HD audio.

BTW, I did try saving in the nightly version too, same error.

The files I try to edit are mkv files, ranging from 15GB to 40GB. I have edited countless files before with avidemix, best software by far, but the only issue that has aroused is files with true HD and atmos tracks.

Advice?😃

eumagga0x2a

I've maxed out the value of MKV_MAX_LACES now. Please try a future build ("win64" or "vsWin64", whatever gets uploaded).

Quote from: S-seagal on June 10, 2022, 10:46:00 AMOr sometimes it says "cannot open muxer"

Few muxers support TrueHD audio tracks, so this can happen generally from choosing an incompatible muxer. Matroska should support it as should MPEG-TS in M2TS mode.