News:

--

Main Menu

Can you support m2ts output?

Started by 3d like, May 31, 2022, 02:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3d like

The 3D TV I am using does not regard MKV3D with AVC/MVC streams as 3D video, but as 2D. However, if I convert this to m2ts using tsMuxeR, the TV recognizes it as a 3D video.

I succeeded in converting 1-minute MKV3D to m2ts using tsMuxeR. Although "Bad SEI detected. SEI too short" error keeps appearing during the conversion process.

So I can use tsMuxeR when watching MKV3D, but if the video is long (1 hour to ~ 2 hours), "Bad SEI detected. SEI too short" error keeps appearing during the muxing process and then "Too many errors! tsMuxeR is terminated." message appears and the process is aborted.

So I became interested in a software called Avidemux. This did not yield a "Bad SEI detected. SEI too short" error and returned the result successfully.

But the problem is, the extension of the output is ".ts". I tried playing this to my TV, and the TV said "Unsupported container." So playback fails.

Can you provide support for m2ts in the future?
I tried using an option called "M2TS Mode", but it also prints the output as ".ts".

eumagga0x2a

Filename extensions don't matter. If M2TS mode is selected, the output is M2TS (i. e. TS with 192 bytes long packets instead of 188 and a few minor differences like some stream types allowed only in one of the two containers). Avidemux by design can have only one extension per muxer. If a device insists on M2TS with m2ts as extension, please just rename the file.

3d like

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on May 31, 2022, 05:10:23 PMFilename extensions don't matter. If M2TS mode is selected, the output is M2TS (i. e. TS with 192 bytes long packets instead of 188 and a few minor differences like some stream types allowed only in one of the two containers). Avidemux by design can have only one extension per muxer. If a device insists on M2TS with m2ts as extension, please just rename the file.

Something is wrong. I already did what you told me.(choose m2ts mode and rename the file to .m2ts)

Even so, the TV still refers to it as "Unsupported container".

Considering the fact that I didn't have this problem when I ran it with tsMuxeR, there seems to be a difference between the m2ts mux process between tsMuxeR and Avidemux.

Could you possibly give me some more advice please?

Update : I found some interesting differences. tsMuxeR constitutes M2TS by establishing two independent video stream spaces for AVC and MVC. 

On the other hand, Avidemux unified AVC and MVC into one video stream space to form M2TS.

I'd like to ask you for a feature. Can you provide an option to build M2TS with AVC and MVC as independent video streams please?

eumagga0x2a

I have no idea about MVC (encounter the term for the very first time  :-[ ), please provide a sample which the TV accepts. Avidemux is designed for a single video stream only, so it is probably not feasible short of a major rewrite of the application.

3d like

eumagga0x2a

To evaluate our options, a sample MKV3D video would be necessary as well as a M2TS file with such a video stream which the TV set accepts.

3d like

Oh I see. I currently can't access to my computer.

In a few hours, when I have access to the computer, I will provide you with a sample.

Thank you very much for your interest in my problem!  :)

3d like

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on May 31, 2022, 06:42:24 PMTo evaluate our options, a sample MKV3D video would be necessary as well as a M2TS file with such a video stream which the TV set accepts.

Sorry for the delay. and thank you for your patience!
Since the size of the sample is large, I am attaching a Google Drive link. You can download this.

The first one is the original Blu-ray file. The extension is .ssif, but you can rename it to .m2ts and play it on 3D TVs! and the TV recognizes this as 3D video  :)
: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BARX1OTa6i2zCvNlE8oZI2nJjIOyAX8u/view?usp=sharing

The second one is an MKV3D file. It is derived from the original Blu-ray file(.ssif). The TV plays it in 2D.
: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N_qf3Rz8SGiHNrqPbTDBJXcCuvCnugag/view?usp=sharing

The third one is a .m2ts muxed with tsMuxeR. It is derived from MKV3D. The TV plays this as a 3D video  :)
: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13wRnDPZ4NjEi-yFhcc6fDwXDGIVl9LEj/view?usp=sharing

The last is .m2ts muxed via Avidemux. It is derived from MKV3D. The TV fails to play this with the message "Unsupported container".
: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_19DwRvr6edNeMs1VODK9cu4RvEoJLUu/view?usp=sharing

eumagga0x2a

Thank you for the samples. It looks like support for MVC in FFmpeg Avidemux relies upon for most of the tasks is very incomplete close to nonexistent. I also get tons of error messages from either misparsed or corrupted SEI NAL units along with warnings about SEI types FFmpeg doesn't know how to decode yet.

The realistic plan would be to allow Avidemux to find the 2D stream in the *.ssif file thus making it able to load the video.