How to set automatically non-default codecs+config at startup?

Started by thoste, June 13, 2022, 02:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thoste

Currently I encode in 97% of all cases videos from my digital camera.

Now when I start newest Avidemux on my Win10 system and drag the original MP4 video onto it then
an internal configuration is automatically set.

E.g.
Audio Output=Copy
Video output= Mpeg4 AVC (x264) with prset=medium and Tuning =none and Constant Rate Factor = 700 MB
MP4 Muxer

How can I tell Avidemux to always automatically setup a different configuration?

E.g
Audio Output=MP3 lame, Bitrate=160
Video output= Mpeg4 AVC (x264) with preset=slow and Tuning =file and Average Bitrate (two pass) with 2500 MB

Currently I always have to do this manually.
This is annoying and unnecessary

How can I setup different codecs and configuration for startup?

eumagga0x2a

Video codec and muxer are written on pressing Ctrl+Alt+D to defaultSettings.py in Avidemux profile directory (%appdata%\avidemux). Add

if adm.audioTotalTracksCount() > 0:
    adm.audioClearTracks()
    adm.audioAddTrack(0)
    adm.audioCodec(0, "Lame", "bitrate=160", "preset=0", "quality=2", "disableBitReservoir=False")

manually to that file to set audio encoder for the first audio track. Please pay attention to indentation (4 spaces) as indentation is used in Python for code nesting.

Unfortunately, next time you press Ctrl+Alt+D, your changes to include audio-related configuration will be overwritten and discarded.

thoste

Ok, thank you. Saving default video codec works.

But why does Avidemux not save the (default) audio codecs information?

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: thoste on June 14, 2022, 08:02:24 AMwhy does Avidemux not save the (default) audio codecs information?

The main reason is that there is no one-size-fits-all configuration for audio tracks, e.g. mp3 allows max. 2 channels, Opus mandates 48 kHz sampling frequency. Back then, it was also impossible (if I am not mistaken) to avoid crash from adding a non-existing audio track.