Little remark about the new icons (A-, B-marker)

Started by me444, July 20, 2022, 11:42:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

me444

Windows x64, latest nighly build(s)
Basically i appreciate the new icons a lot, but i'd wish the A-, B-marker icons to be a bit more prominent.

Yes i know, that's probably a matter of personal flavour of course ... but i'd like to give at least the little feedback that imo the useability suffers somehow a bit.

Those icons are not so good identifiable as before, as their sizes as well as colors are not so noticeable as the neighboured buttons. Even more s the "delete selection" button changes it's color (for understandable reasons) when having pressed, eg. the A marker.
So I've caught myself a couple of times to ask 'where's the A marker ...'.

Besides that: Avidemux is a great, amazing software  :)  :)  :)

eumagga0x2a

Buttons to set markers need to be different from other buttons in order to structure the long row of buttons and to guide the eye. And they are different  8)

High quality artwork contributions which provide a consistent visual language and further improve the design are warm welcome, however.

By the way, are you aware of the existence of alternative keyboard shortcuts which can be enabled in Avidemux Preferences and by default set the A marker with a mere press of the "I" key and the B marker with a press of "O"?

me444

Thanks eumagga0x2a! Yes, i'm aware of these alternate keystrokes, but never really felt the need before (right, maybe i should use them).  8)
It's simply my personal impression, previously the A and B were easier to identify (maybe because they now appear smaller and the color not so dominant).
Please take it as a good sign that this is the only little concern ...  :)

Apropos, as you say: structuring the long row: alternatively it could be an idea to spend logical groups a small delimiter (spacing, gap, whatsoever). E.g. a gap after the 5th and after the 8th button. But at the end it's surely a matter of the design idea behind. And, 10 people, 10 opinions ...