News:

--

Main Menu

Timestamps 👎

Started by Sham 69, July 31, 2022, 05:14:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sham 69

When I load a file into Avidemux, it always gives me weird timestamps, saying that the video starts at 0.08s or 1.5s, for example. Its end time is a little off too.

When it came to importing my own audio files (of the same length originally used in these videos) and then saving that with the video in copy mode, the audio always got out of sync even if it was IN SYNC during the preview.

Combining the videos in copy mode sucked too. Between clips there would be stuttering, the audio would get out of sync, or both.

This all happened on some version released circa late 2021 early 2022.

I downgraded to version 2.5 and have gotten much smoother results. Normal preview timestamps, and good clean merges. The preview says it starts at 0 seconds and the video end time is, when it ends. Combining videos was much better too.

I'm dealing with mpg and ac3 files here.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: Sham 69 on July 31, 2022, 05:14:28 AMWhen I load a file into Avidemux, it always gives me weird timestamps, saying that the video starts at 0.08s or 1.5s, for example. Its end time is a little off too.

This doesn't apply to the last 2.8.0 release and subsequent 2.8.1 nightlies. Video streams containing B-frames cannot "start at zero" (have the presentation timestamp of the first keyframe being equal zero) when an application like Avidemux uses data type for timestamps which doesn't support negative values. Supported versions of Avidemux hide this fact by creating by default a segment for a loaded or appended video offset by the presentation timestamp of the first keyframe.

Sham 69

Thanks for the reply. 2.8 and the latest nightly versions didn't cause the audio to go out of sync but when merging videos together there was still a little stuttering between clips. On the 2.5 versions I didn't get stuttering, but found that at the end of one of my clips the audio from the beginning repeated for a little but (which wasn't a big deal). I used the program LosslessCut and got flawless results. https://www.videohelp.com/software/LosslessCut