Respect container transformation in avidemux

Started by disconnect, October 17, 2022, 09:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disconnect

It is related to this topic: https://avidemux.org/smif/index.php?topic=18925.0
I use avidemux since years to cut and join my gopro videos losslessly in copy mode, but since this year i have a helmet mount for gopro which holds it upside down.

My question is: will avidemux respect these container (mp4) transformations by default?

I've thinked about a trick, to add a rotate 180 filter during the editing, and tick "play filtered", and also avidemux can set this 180 transformation in output mp4 too. But its only rotated during play, but not if i stop the video, which is a bit annoying, but not much. What is really annoying is that if i use this play filtered trick, if i stop the video, the cursor not stays where i stopped it, but goes back to the last marker position, which isn't happening without filter.
I think this is bug.

It happens both on windows, and linux, i use 2.8.0 and 2.8.1.

To reproduce this problem set a filter with rotation on any video, tick play filtered, play the video, and stop it, and the cursos will step back to the last marker (in this case if you don't set it, it will be the start of the video).

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: disconnect on October 17, 2022, 09:44:27 PMwill avidemux respect these container (mp4) transformations by default?

Avidemux displays videos by design the way as they are encoded to avoid total confusion when multiple source videos with different rotation / transformation metadata are appended. Therefore no, it won't.

Quote from: disconnect on October 17, 2022, 09:44:27 PMWhat is really annoying is that if i use this play filtered trick, if i stop the video, the cursor not stays where i stopped it, but goes back to the last marker position, which isn't happening without filter.
I think this is bug.

Again, this has to be this way as some filters operate on multiple input pictures, some filters modify timing. We need to seek back to the start point because there is no guarantee that we can seek to the last displayed filtered picture. I agree that this doesn't feel right from the user's perspective (I am no exception here).

Quote from: disconnect on October 17, 2022, 09:44:27 PMi use 2.8.0 and 2.8.1.

Please update to the latest 2.8.2 which corrects among a few minor issues a hard crash in MPEG-TS demuxer with some damaged files.