News:

--

Main Menu

Can not save in network folder

Started by tg300773, November 25, 2022, 07:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tg300773

Since version 2.8.1 it is not possible for me to save the files in network folder.
I tried V2.8.1 and 2.8.2 and some nightly builds.
Now I work with version 2.8.0 again and it works.
Is it possible that there is a problem with the new version of ffmpg?
I use Windows 11.
I hope my english is good enough that you understand me.

eumagga0x2a

Confirming UNC paths broken at least in MinGW builds, probably by this commit. It expects backslashes as directory separators, but the file dialog seems to pass forward slashes, so everything falls apart.

Did you try both MinGW and VC++ variants?

Quote from: tg300773 on November 25, 2022, 07:17:39 PMIs it possible that there is a problem with the new version of ffmpg?

No, totally unrelated.

eumagga0x2a

This regression should be fixed by commit [core] Fix path canonicalization on Windows.

Thank you for your report, I'm sorry for inconvenience, please try a future nightly build.

I just wonder, why did you wait so long to report this regression? It existed since the end of April. As no one of regular code contributors uses Windows, bugs specific to this platform can remain undetected for long periods of time unless people test nightlies and quickly complain if something gets broken.

eumagga0x2a

Fresh nightly builds have been generated and uploaded, please try them and give feedback whether both VC++ and MinGW varieties are able to load from and save to network drives now.

Thank you.

eumagga0x2a

The reporter has confirmed via PM (CleanTalk is blocking legitimate posts again) that the regression is fixed. Thanks!