News:

--

Main Menu

Editing ClearClick video

Started by Paul L, December 29, 2022, 07:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul L

I bought a ClearClick 2.0 video digitizer. The video produced is an MP4. I use avidemux 2.8 to auto crop the video and to remove commercials. Avidemux will not auto crop nor will it recognize black screens to help remove commercials. I tried to fix this by converting format of the original to ones I know have worked. No luck. Is there anything I can do?

eumagga0x2a

There is no such thing as "avidemux 2.8", there are versions 2.8.0, 2.8.1 and current 2.8.2 nightly builds. The first one is unsupported, the second one is supported but all issues need to be confirmed for the latest available nightly build, therefore the best strategy is to go straight to the latest nightly.

If this digitizer performs deinterlacing prior to encoding the video into H.264 (MP4 is merely the container), I would advise against any cropping as cropping implies re-encoding of the video stream, further reducing the quality.

If the input is interlaced (it should be for SD PAL or NTSC video) and the output still looks interlaced, I would classify the device as unfit for purpose.

For automatic black bars and automatic black pictures detection in Avidemux, they need to be pretty dark (albeit not completely black). If you feel that the crop filter in 2.8.2 doesn't properly identify black bars, please provide a sample video or at least a frame exported as a JPEG or PNG image.

Regarding seek to a black picture, please provide a sample video.

Obviously, if the video includes a broadcaster logo, it would make detection of black pictures impossible (that might be a valid subject for a request for enhancement).

eumagga0x2a

I should have added that the preferred services for providing samples which exceed the maximum file size of 512 kiB allowed in this forum are WeTransfer (no email address required), Mega, Dropbox or Google Drive.