Feature request: delete or rearrange filters & specific filter shortcuts

Started by Vygantas, March 18, 2023, 08:29:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vygantas

Hello,

Since avidemux has a lot of filters, I wish we had an option to either move the ones we use to the very top or hide/remove the ones we don't use, so the workflow is much faster, possible even assign shortcuts to filters, which would make everything lighting speed fast

eumagga0x2a

Hiding is as simple (or complicated) as moving the filter DLL out of the "plugins" directory or replacing ".dll" with e.g. ".dl_". Partializable filters can be searched using the Ctrl+F shortcut as far as not the whole video is selected. This interface could be extended to search for all filters.

signy13

There is a workaround for similar cases:
  • Make a custom python script which inserts desired filter.
  • I like to put & before a selected letter into its name so I can call the script from my keyboard. I also put future shortcut as a part of the name, for example: 07_&Delogo_marker_AB                             CTRL-Sh-B.py so the letter "d" can be used for calling this script. The number at the beginning is used for arrangement of scripts.
  • Put this script into the custom directory (for example on my Xubuntu ~/.avidemux6/custom/. There can also be subdirectories so there can be a lot of scripts identified with different & letters
  • Create a shortcut in external software (for example AutoKey on Linux, AutoHotKey on Windows). For example in the AutoKey the shortcut can be connected with command: keyboard.send_keys("<alt>+cd") where <alt>+c opens the Avidemux Menu "Custom" and d then runs the script with &d. This step is optional and I use it only because I prefer using quick shortcut before just walking through a software menu via keyboard.
As a result I have:
  • A lot of commands in the "Custom" menu of Avidemux.
  • Their shotcuts are written as a part of its names as is usual.
  • AutoKey can create shortcuts only for application identified by its class so this shortcuts does not interfere with other applications.
  • And as a bonus custom scripts allows much more than simply put a filter.
An example of a script is in the screenshot Avidemux_custom_script.png - you can see where it is located and also the name of the script with its shortcut.

eumagga0x2a