News:

--

Main Menu

Filter preview, main display inconstancies

Started by sark, April 29, 2023, 04:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sark

When using DXVA2, and setting Windows graphics to display the limited 16-235 RGB range, both my MPC-HC player and Avidemux display video with reduced contrast. However, the Avidemux filter previews show no such reduced contrast. Which is correct, the filter previews, or the AVD main display and MPC-HC?

Also, if I switch AVD to OpenGL there is no reduction in contrast, even when the display is set to 16-235 ?

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: sark on April 29, 2023, 04:59:19 PMWhen using DXVA2, and setting Windows graphics to display the limited 16-235 RGB range

I am not sure what this means. Some (most) graphics drivers allow to tune contrast enhancement, sometimes depending on type of content. Avidemux tries to apply internal contrast enhancement when video is detected to have limited range. Whatever the graphics driver does atop of that, is out of our control.

sark

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on April 30, 2023, 01:19:37 PM
Quote from: sark on April 29, 2023, 04:59:19 PMWhen using DXVA2, and setting Windows graphics to display the limited 16-235 RGB range

I am not sure what this means.

Avidemux is set to DXVA2. My Nvidia display settings are set to 16-235. This produces reduced contrast in the main Avidemux display, but appears corrected in the filters preview (,before applying adjustments).

Setting OpenGL in Avidemux displays normal contrast in both main display and filter previews.