News:

--

Main Menu

rotates video for -90 degrees

Started by Login User, June 02, 2023, 06:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Login User

I mainly need to glue videos from an android phone (xiaomi), which writes in H.265.
while opening those original files, Avidemux rotates it in minus 90 degrees and shows a wrong resolution 1280*720 instead of 720*1280.
Other players an editors show the same files correctly.

even after I rotates picture in AviMuxer, it shows the same position in editor, and I can`t glue those videos to others with the same resolution 720*1280, which were made in adobe premiere.

how do I fix it?

eumagga0x2a

By design, Avidemux always displays videos as they are coded and with square pixels. Hints at the container and codec level specifying rotation and pixel aspect ratio (for anamorphic videos) are ignored. You need to re-encode both using identical encoder configuration and when necessary the filter "rotate" to turn either both into landscape or both into portrait mode (as coded!). Obviously, the coded width and height must be identical too. It should be possible to merge resulting videos in copy mode in the next step.

If you choose to make both coded as landscape (1280x720) while you need the picture to be displayed as portrait, you should add appropriate rotation metadata at the container level via the configuration dialog of the MP4 (or MOV) muxer.

Login User

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on June 02, 2023, 07:49:01 PMidentical encoder configuration
all original files "just from a phone", which are in H.265, AviDemux opens horizontally 1280*720. All other programmes open them correctly.

files, which I resave via adobe premiere 13 (blur), it takes correctly.

version 2.8.1: it offers to take this version, while, in the forum it writes previous and future experimental versions.

I`ve tested on both my phones redmi note8t and mi9.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: Login User on June 03, 2023, 05:17:04 AMall original files "just from a phone", which are in H.265, AviDemux opens horizontally 1280*720. All other programmes open them correctly.

Avidemux does the right thing for its purpose, showing the video as coded is by design = it is not a bug.

Quote from: Login User on June 03, 2023, 05:17:04 AMversion 2.8.1: it offers to take this version, while, in the forum it writes previous and future experimental versions.

The 2.8.1 release is old with many bugs fixed in subsequent 2.8.2 nightly / developer builds. Most of the time, recent developer builds provide superior user experience compared to Avidemux releases. The only drawback is that there are no officially published checksums to verify their integrity.