macos - select file to save dialog - can't paste file name with CMD+V

Started by kankala, August 26, 2023, 07:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kankala

macos - Select file to save dialog - can't paste file name with CMD+V - it does not work

right click and select Paste from the dropdown menu works, but it would be nice if CMD+V worked for better user experience

Avidemux 2.8.1, os Ventura

eumagga0x2a

This is an awfully old known issue, with no clear picture whether Qt is at fault or we are doing something wrong. The Qt's own, non-native file dialog allows pasting via standard keyboard shortcut on macOS, but it looks so alien that I am wary of forcing it upon users – some would be happy, some very annoyed.

kankala

Thank you for your reply
I understand the dilema
I wouldn't go for the Qt dialog either, it would be inconsistent in the looks

anthony11

This is probably related:  in the save dialog I cannot use arrow keys to move within the field to edit the filename, but normal editing commands (^B ^A etc) do work.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: anthony11 on October 25, 2023, 12:23:59 AMin the save dialog I cannot use arrow keys to move within the field to edit the filename

Works for me on Montery 12.7.1.

eumagga0x2a

Confirming for Sonoma, keyboard focus remains in the main window with keyboard shortcuts tied to navigation buttons (lef, right, up, down) therefore still active. Will investigate whether anything can be done on Avidemux part.