News:

--

Main Menu

Bug - vertical line in middle of video.

Started by User007, October 26, 2023, 12:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

User007

Hello when i open any file recorded with my phone i am getting 1pixel wide vertical line right in the middle of the video, its tough to notice, but its there.

This line does not show if i open video in VirtualDub or any video player or editor other than AviDemux.

Source file: https://www.upload.ee/files/15858222/bug_vertical_line.mp4.html

eumagga0x2a

The line(s) is/are probably present only when a hw accelerated display (i. e. not "Qt") is selected and may also depend on Qt theme. If it is what I see on Linux, it is most likely a Qt bug, not related to particular properties of the source video.

eumagga0x2a

Addendum: regarding ways to provide samples, upload.ee are not acceptable anymore as they force software download to allow access to samples. Please use recommended options (WeTransfer, Méga, Dropbox or Google Drive), thanks.

User007

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on October 26, 2023, 12:40:52 PMAddendum: regarding ways to provide samples, upload.ee are not acceptable anymore as they force software download to allow access to samples. Please use recommended options (WeTransfer, Méga, Dropbox or Google Drive), thanks.
Okay will do Re-uploaded to google drive

upload.ee let's me download file drriectly, but i am located in Estonia and have uBlock origin and Privacy Badger enabled.

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on October 26, 2023, 12:32:23 PMThe line(s) is/are probably present only when a hw accelerated display (i. e. not "Qt") is selected and may also depend on Qt theme. If it is what I see on Linux, it is most likely a Qt bug, not related to particular properties of the source video.
Pardon, i am not sure what do you mean, what is "Qt theme"?
On the other videos i make with my mirorrless camera i don't see this line, however they are AVC and 1920x1080 different video codec/resolution

p.s. I am under Windows 10 and hardware decoding was disabled in AviDemux (enabling disabling HW decoding does not affect that line)

eumagga0x2a

Please check whether switching video display in Avidemux to "Qt" (in general, trying all other display paths) has any effect onto the issue you see.

Hw decoding is irrelevant.

Quote from: User007 on October 27, 2023, 03:39:47 PMPardon, i am not sure what do you mean, what is "Qt theme"?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48093102/how-does-qt-select-a-default-style#48097319

User007

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on October 27, 2023, 04:02:41 PMPlease check whether switching video display in Avidemux to "Qt" (in general, trying all other display paths) has any effect onto the issue you see.
I tested in Video Display mode Qt or OpenGL - line does not show, it only appears when i select Video Display: DXVA2.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: User007 on October 27, 2023, 03:39:47 PMOkay will do Re-uploaded to google drive

Thank you, albeit dark foliage is not a good background to spot a black vertical line, I am pretty sure, that there is none. I tried VDPAU, XVideo and Qt video display paths in an Avidemux Linux build using Qt5 (if I am not mistaken, I saw black and also white lines – vertical and some horizontal – when not using the closed-source NVIDIA graphics driver). Will re-check on Windows (10 and 11) later.

Quote from: User007 on October 27, 2023, 04:09:45 PMI tested in Video Display mode Qt or OpenGL - line does not show, it only appears when i select Video Display: DXVA2.

As expected. IMHO, this points to some issue between Qt and the graphics driver.