News:

--

Main Menu

V2.8.1 - Avidemux Jobs - don't Automated Work

Started by TLeyden, October 31, 2023, 01:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLeyden

Hello everyone,

My goal is to allow various video conversions to be carried out automatically.

"Avidemux_Jobs.exe" is ideal for this.

Adding and evaluating tasks automatically in the SQLite database file "%User%\AppData\Roaming\avidemux\jobs.sql" is not a challenge.

However, I'm currently wondering how I can get "Avidemux_Jobs.exe" to process the tasks in the SQLite database file without a human having to click on the "Run Jobs" button.

For all other Avidemux programs there are command line switches to control certain actions of the programs. Only "Avidemux_Jobs.exe" apparently doesn't have one.

Is there perhaps a hidden switch that I haven't found yet to trigger the execution of the tasks?

Best regards
Jens Geier

Annotation:
The filename extension for SQLite database files should be *.db . Because the file ending *.sql is linked to SQL scripts that are written in ANSI text.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: TLeyden on October 31, 2023, 01:33:35 PMThe filename extension for SQLite database files should be *.db . Because the file ending *.sql is linked to SQL scripts that are written in ANSI text.

Makes sense, done.

Quote from: TLeyden on October 31, 2023, 01:33:35 PMIs there perhaps a hidden switch that I haven't found yet to trigger the execution of the tasks?

No, there isn't any. If there is a human to perform editing or conversion steps in Avidemux, this human can do just one click more. If editing or conversion steps can be defined purely algorithmically, I don't see any need in using Avidemux Jobs in the first place.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on October 31, 2023, 02:25:56 PMNo, there isn't any.

Actually, I was wrong. The only existing command line option is --portable to run Avidemux Jobs GUI in portable mode, needed to be able to run it from build directory without installation on Linux.

TLeyden

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on October 31, 2023, 02:25:56 PMNo, there isn't any. If there is a human to perform editing or conversion steps in Avidemux, this human can do just one click more. If editing or conversion steps can be defined purely algorithmically, I don't see any need in using Avidemux Jobs in the first place.

May be I have written not so clearly ... in my case situation, there is no human ... that place a job into the SQLite Database File ... it will be done by an Automation Process ... :)

OK, I understand it. So I will look for a workaround ... this will be a small advantage ...

Kind Regards
Jens Geier

TLeyden

Yes, I get it ... the Workaround is working propperly ... :)

Thank you for your Help.

Kind Regards
Jens Geier

TLeyden

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on October 31, 2023, 02:25:56 PM
Quote from: TLeyden on October 31, 2023, 01:33:35 PMThe filename extension for SQLite database files should be *.db . Because the file ending *.sql is linked to SQL scripts that are written in ANSI text.

Makes sense, done.

Quote from: TLeyden on October 31, 2023, 01:33:35 PMIs there perhaps a hidden switch that I haven't found yet to trigger the execution of the tasks?

No, there isn't any. If there is a human to perform editing or conversion steps in Avidemux, this human can do just one click more. If editing or conversion steps can be defined purely algorithmically, I don't see any need in using Avidemux Jobs in the first place.

Hello,

now I have updated my Avidemux Installation to the Version 2.8.2.

In this Version the SQLite3 Database File for the jobs is names "jobs_sql.db".

Anything is fine with Avidemux.

But I use the same file to place jobs here. Also here is all fine.

But while I use _THAT_ name with the Extension "*.db" my Windows does not open the file in the regular way.

Any different Extension is fine ... but please not "*.sql" and not "*.db"

My be you can follow the sugestion to "*.sqli3" .. ??

Kind Regards
Jens Geier